• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted: Tucker Snowcat (MN)

Kabekona Pirate

Hi my name is Lance,Im new at this and looking for someone to help me find a tucker sno-cat,and would enjoy being apart of your group.I have been looking for about a year now and not much luck,not knowing anyone out east or up north.I live in northern minnesota, and only a few tuckers that i am aware of here exist.:sad:
Lance.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Forum Rules & Info

Patience grasshopper, patience....:whistling:

Watch this forum and the classified thread for long enough and you shall find what you seek......:wink:

Patience is a virtue, it has rewards....:flowers:

Regards, Kirk

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Forum Rules & Info

Patience grasshopper, patience....:whistling:

Watch this forum and the classified thread for long enough and you shall find what you seek......:wink:

Patience is a virtue, it has rewards....:flowers:

Regards, Kirk

Really? I've been patiently waiting over 10 years for a 67 Olds 442 to show up in my driveway, but still nothing :whistling:

But in seriousness, Kirk is right. Just hang tight, they pop up from time to time. Oh, and welcome to the forum :smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Lance,
Welcome to the best snowcat forum on earth. I'm glad you found us.
One of our members named "boggie" runs the site: http://www.mn-outdoors.com/

You will see his banner ad up top of random pages here on FF. He is located in your state and deals in all kinds of used snow cats. You might want to shoot a PM off to him, or wait a bit and I'm sure he'll see your post.

ps. I moved your post to the snowcat classifieds for better exposure. Good luck finding a tucker.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
welcome i can't help you much not many around here boggie normaly has 3 or 4 in stock he is in your neck of the woods

Laurentian

A guy called Scott has a '75 for sale in WI, $7500.00
Go to Search Tempest and do a search under Tucker Sno
I felt like calling but there is one closer to me in Vt.
that I may go look at this summer. Only problem
now is snowfall and land use. My hometown doubled since
I moved there in the mid nineties :neutral:

I used to have a motocross grasstrack I put together for enduro cross
near the powerlines and could get my 426 into 5th, no more all built up now...

Tuckers are addictive, I remember seeing one roll by under while riding the chairlift
and marveling at the steel tracks revolving around the orange pontoons.
Only figured out how they work from this forum 20 years later...

Go for a rubber track / steel grouser type.

On edit : Just checked and there is one on craiglist Billings MN 1980 318 / Auto $14,000 OBO
looks tight

Last edited:

Kabekona Pirate

Thanks for responding everyone,makes me feel at home.All good info.Really happy to find this site.And more so some TUCKERS.Just need to get better at finding my way around the site.
Lance. AKA/Kabekona Pirate.

Kabekona Pirate

Looking for a close up veiw of a 1970 - 1980 tucker sno-cats track and idler system and how they pivot on the axel housing?And als wondering what the standard gear ratio is in the rear ends.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Lance,

There was a Tucker steel track 1742 project for sale on Craigslist last spring in Brainerd, MN with an asking price of $3K. There were a fair number of photos and it looked like it was mostly complete. IIRC Boggie bought it. You might give him a call and see if it's something you'd be interested in...

As a general rule there typically aren't many Sno Cats listed for sale in the summer. More are available in the fall and prices tend to be higher.

I would suggest you do your research and narrow down what you really want and then look for that. For example a four door Tucker with rubber belts and steel grousers (as well as the right track length). Doing your research now will prevent you from buying something you subsequently decide isn't the model you really want.

I realize you're in Minnesota, but I recommend your search include ksl.com. It's a website in Utah and there are frequently snow cats for sale. They normally show up in the "used snowmobiles" category.

As others have advised, patience is a virtue when looking for a used snowcat.

Buying your first snowcat can be a very expensive lesson if you get one that needs lots of work that you aren't anticipating. Forum member SnoTrans deals in used snowcats and has an excellent reputation. He's been in the business for a long time, and has lots of contacts and experience. You might consider chatting with him to narrow down what you want. He may also know someone looking to sell...

I would also suggest you give Tucker a call. Both Dan Dressler and Jeff Godard in the sales department are great guys and can give you some recommendations. Jeff was previously Tucker's Parts and Service manager and can also tell you what models and/or options were problematic.

Conversely I've never met anyone who had a lot of nice things to say about Safety One (in Colorado). I've never dealt with them personally (I have with SnoTrans), but based on the conversations I've had; I'd be very cautious.

Best of Luck.

Kabekona Pirate

Thanks BlackFoot Tucker.
I like the great advice you gave,and your right I must do more research.
I kinda have a fair idea what im looking for now,but at first i liked the older sedan style 742 or 743 not sure of model#but the old pontoon style out of the 50s and 60s.
Then i have seen a few of the old ones upgraded to rubber tracks and boggie style,and i like that.So not aposed to finding one without pontoons and converting it to new style or build my own set up.But most important be patient till somthing right comes my way,you guys are exactly right,cause i have waited and good things do come to those who are patient.I have proof,i have projects that i have awaited and work on while waiting for new ones to show up to add to the collection.But i do enjoy the wisdom,reminds me of my late father R.I.P.
Nice chatn with you Black Foot Tucker.

fr73ed

Hello,

If you're still looking for a Tucker I have one for sale, good condition, 542A, 1973 all pontoons and rollers complete.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Lance,

I had another thought/suggestion. I assume you're using a multi-craigslist search tool such as ad huntr. You may already be doing this but I'd suggest you try multiple searches with different spellings. For example Tucker spells it "Sno-Cat", but try spelling it "snocat", "snowcat", snow cat", etc.

Sometimes you can run across a bargain due to a spelling error. For example, instead of the correct "Cummins" try an ebay search for "Cummings" or even "Cumings". They're incorrect but you'll find stuff listed that way.

Here's an interesting Tucker that I found by spelling it "snocat":
http://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/3103537695.html

That would be a way cool Tucker although transporting it would be a PITA.

Good Luck!

fr73ed

Where are you located Fred ?

and....

Yes,still looking,always got my eye out.
Do you have any photos?And where are you located.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

located central Colorado, I could try to send photos.

Laurentian

Did anyone ever call Scott in WI ( Milwaukee ) ?
He has a '77 1942 with V8
414-788-4748
Sounds like a deal at 7500.00