• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Grill

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up a new KitchenAid NG outdoor grill.

This one has two regular burners, a side burner, a warming/rotisierie burner, and a seering burner.

Cooked up a couple of prime+ strips Saturday.

This searing burner looks like a honeycomb from the top. The gas is introduced below it. The fire sort of dances across the surface of the honeycomb, and is uber-hot.

One minute on each side of the steak, and then over to the regular burners. Sealed the juices right in.

MMMM-good.

If you are looking to buy a new grill, check one out with a searing burner.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Fred,

What model did you get? I did a search and found like 50 gazzillion models that Kitchen Aid makes. Looks like they are some nice units though.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
It was a left over demo., maybe a couple of years old. KFRS365TSS00. Maybe they don't make it anymore?

These guys go for over $3500 or so. Picked it up for 500 bucks. Sold my other KitchenAid without the searing section and without the side burner for 500 bucks.

Here's a link I have saved for the parts manual and other manuals:
http://shop.kitchenaid.com/product_literature/search_results.jsp?searchTerm=KFRS365TSS00

Whirlpool is HQ'd in Benton Harbor across the river, and there is a local shop that sells "c" and "b" appliances, along with lightly used demos.

Got my entire kitchen from them. All commercial stainless steel stuff. KitchenAid built in fridge, two drawer dishwasher, 46 bottle wine cooler, 50 pound-per-day ice maker, JennAir stove and JennAir microwave.

List on it all around 18k, got it all for about 4k.

Too bad I bought the LG washer and dryer before I discovered these guys.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Although not as fancy as Fred's, I bought a grill last week at Lowe's that had all the bells and whistles for a great price.
Here's a link.
It has the sear burner, cast iron grates, stainless and/or porcelain for most everything... for $299.
I hate assembling grills so they're doing it and I haven't picked it up yet. It's ready but my truck is in the shop. :(

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good guys. What a deal Fred. Wish I had a place like that nearby.
BC yours looks good to. I had not considered the sear burner before but now that I know about it I'll keep that in mind as I shop to replace my grill which is on it's last leg. I very well might end up with one like you got Brian. Looks like a fair price for one that has the sear burner. :thumb:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
When my wife and I built our house back in 2000 one smart thing we did was have the natural gas ran to the outside of the house. No more LP tanks and no more running out half way threw a good Tbone.