• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McItaly Burger Stirs Up Controversy

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
1002mcitalyburger.jpg

McDonald's have unveiled their new "McItaly" burger, emphasizing it will "promote the taste of Italy".

The burger is made from ingredients produced in Italy, and has been launched under the slogan, "McDonald's speaks Italian."

This humble burger (described as "square, with artichoke sauce and Asiago cheese--or olive oil and pancetta") has stirred up foodies around the world.
In a newspaper article reprinted on the Slow Food site, Carlo Petrini, president of Slow Food, wrote about his fears for Italian farming and his doubts that this burger would improve life for either consumers or producers, challenging McDonald's to be transparent about the quality of ingredients, and about the wages paid to farmers:
If the McItaly is just a new way to exploit farmers, paying them poorly, imposing further production standardizations which can only impoverish people, flavor and tradition, then this whole thing is quite a farce.​
With the burger launch supported by the Italian government, Berlusconi and Luca Zaia (Minister of Agriculture) have come in for criticism, particularly from the left-wing press.
Supporters believe that the new burger will help Italian farmers, since it's produced wholly from ingredients grown in Italy. Nay-sayers fear that this is just another example of McDonald's global expansion, exploiting rather than protecting local cuisine.
If sales within Italy reach a target of 3.5 million, the burger will be launched worldwide.

Would a McItaly burger entice you into McDonald's?

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2010/02/09/mcitaly_burger_stirs_up_controversy.php

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is just a simple attack on corporate America. Nothing they do is good. Everything involving capitalism is bad.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Would a McItaly burger entice you into McDonald's? NO

Not a chance I would buy anything from McD's regardless. I do buy a lot of imported foods from Italy such as pancetta, Prosciutto Ham, several types of cheese, olive oils, vinegars etc. We have an Italian Deli here that imports straight from Italy and the stuff is just so much better than the America produced stuff. Even their tuna is better than ours but is very expensive.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I would actually not buy one, as McDonald's food gives me the walking farts within an hour of eating it, then cleanses my colon shortly thereafter (sorry for the graphic). For that reason, I have not eaten at McDonalds in at least 10 years.