• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vintage Tucker Sno Cat on Ebay

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Its no secret that I'm a fan of the old machines. I like old iron tractors like Olivers. I like old snowcats. This is an nice Vintage Tucker that would be a fun restoration project. The 400 series Tuckers are pretty much the 'classic' example of a snowcat for me. I'd love to have one.

Link to : Tucker on Ebay

:a1:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Vehicle Description [/FONT]
This Auction is for a 1956 Model 443 Full Cab Steel Track Tucker Sno Cat. This machine is an excellent example of Tucker Sno-cat history, It is in great mechanical condition, We don't know the history on this machine but it looks like it has been maintained to a high standard, it could use some cosmetic work other wise it is ready to go in the snow, I think this machine has already been in the snow this year or it has been stored in doors because there is hardly any rust on the rollers and rails, I have been in a lot of Tuckers before and this is the best running and tightest vintage Tucker Sno-cat that I have been in, in a long time. It appears to be all original, has the original flat head Dodge 6 cylinder engine, 3 speed Transmission with the stick on the floor,and looks like the original 1/2 ton International differentials, Has 18" tracks, and weighs about 4500 lbs. I might beable to add more history information and pictures later, I believe this machine doesn't need anything mechanical to be good and dependable in the snow right now other then a new battery and I will go ahead and put one in for you. , This machine needs to be paid in Full at end of Auction. or $1000.00 within 48 hours and balance paid within 7 days. any questions please call 970-270-8771, This machine is sold on a As Is where is Basis. Local pick-up or maybe possibe delivery with arrangements. No problem with storeage if time is needed but must be paided for in full. also will help arrange shipping.We added some more pictures to this listing and will also try and take some more tomorrow, the trailer is not included in the auction but these 400 series Tuckers will fit on almost any regular car trailer. this machine also has new Radiator hoses. Air Filter, Header Pipe, Water Pump, already on it, plus New fuel line and filters under the seat plus 6 new Rollers and a few new grossers plus other misc. parts under the seat including the original hand crank, we did not get to talk to the former owners in person but it doesn't look like they were afraid to do the preventive maintence. I will double check tomorrow but I do not think there is a bad roller or Grosser on the machine at this time. We will try and take this machine and put it in the snow in the next few days, We want to have some fun with this machine before we sell it and look for any problems it might have but I don't foresee any, will try and add more pictures and information before listing is over. We talk this machine out for a ride and it done great runs great and doesn't seem to have any problems, also added more pictures, Ready to go to work for you,

Attachments

• 2f_1.JPG
    2f_1.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 839
  • 37_1.JPG
    37_1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 835
  • 47_1.JPG
    47_1.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 836

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More :applause:

Attachments

• 49_1.JPG
    49_1.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 823
  • 55_1.JPG
    55_1.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 810
  • 70_1.JPG
    70_1.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 816

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
finally :tiphat:

Attachments

• 88_1.JPG
    88_1.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 805
  • 91_1.JPG
    91_1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 807
  • 92_1.JPG
    92_1.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 797

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This auction ends today. Current bid is only $1,175.00 and it does not meet the reserve price set. So unless there is a flurry of activity and bidding today on this classic Tucker it will not sell.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Very nice vintage machine. Appears to be very well cared for over the years. This would be a great starting point for an older Tucker restoration project. Hey BigAl, I'll bet you could really do wonders with this machine.:D Probably worth at least $5,000.00 or maybe more if it is as represented on Ebay. I am surprised none of the older Tucker collectors have not jumped on this already as it has been up for auction prior on Ebay. I would look at bidding but it is not an every day user vehicle and needs to go to a person who enjoys collecting and restoring the older machines.:thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
Very nice vintage machine. Appears to be very well cared for over the years. This would be a great starting point for an older Tucker restoration project. Hey BigAl, I'll bet you could really do wonders with this machine.:D Probably worth at least $5,000.00 or maybe more if it is as represented on Ebay. I am surprised none of the older Tucker collectors have not jumped on this already as it has been up for auction prior on Ebay. I would look at bidding but it is not an every day user vehicle and needs to go to a person who enjoys collecting and restoring the older machines.:thumb:

Yep! I agree . I could make that baby into a little "love Machine" . It should go for 5- 6 thousand :confused: . I wonder why it did not bring more ...Hmmmmm???
I orginally started out planning to buy a Tucker ,when I got into the snowcat hobby , but the size and cost to repair stopped me .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well Al this auction is still going on so you can get you final offer in on it.

I think there is a nostalgic charm to the old Tuckers. If I had an unlimited barn size for storage, there are a lot of different machines I would buy 'just because I need them' or other similar excuse I would make up to tell the wife. It seems like the vintage Tuckers actually have a pretty strong following, they have an active message board and several nice websites with a lot of information. Interesting machines. I don't like how complicated they are compared to the Snow Trac or Kristis. But they sure do have a fan club.