• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

movie memorabilia (the thing) Question

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
so the final scene of the thing was shot in my snow cat.

I have a pair of seats that make me giggle every time I sit in them, I giggle because the person with the flame thrower had no idea how much damage they were about to do to a LMC spryte.

the leather cover seat was taken apart, nomexed, and reupholstered for the movie. When I peeled the burnt-ness off the rear seats I found the nomex and original covers intact.

the front passenger seat is burnt to the frame as the nomex got hot enough to ignite the cushion under it. however the drivers seat (with the actor seated) survived.

So, its time to do something new with the cat. these seats are leaving, my nature it to keep them with the cat and on down the line the next owner can throw them away, just today in a fit of spring cleaning, I was thinking to list them on ebay.

What is the consensus here, throw them away, keep them, ebay them.

pick one and justify, humor appreciated.

undy

Mike,

I say: "Sell 'em."

If anyone is crazy enough to pay good money for burned-up seats, simply because they were part of a movie prop, then they should get them now (before you're ready to sell the cat) so they can enjoy them. That kind of person deserves them. (Plus, who knows how long you're be able to get cash for them?)

As a side benefit, if you find someone that crazy, odds are they'll be lined up to buy the cat if/when you decide to sell it.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
there you go, humor and a logical dose of seriousness.
To sweeten the sale, I could throw in the 2011 newspaper I found between the gas tank and front floor, If I remember right the one of the actors was reading a paper when they fell in the crevice, crevas (sp)

I suppose I should have saved all the fireboard that was literally everywhere, if you watch the movie closely you can see the fire protection on everything.