• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Three Curtains

rstrats

You are a contestant on a game show. There are three curtains. Behind one of the curtains is a new car. You are asked to choose one of the curtains. Lets say that you choose curtain #1. The host of the show - who knows where the car is so as not to end the game prematurely - opens curtain #3 and of course there is no car behind it. The host now gives you a choice. You can stay with curtain #1 or you can change your choice to curtain #2. The question now is: would it be to your advantage to stay with curtain #1, or would it be to your advantage to change to curtain #2 or would there be no advantage either way?​

Leni

The odds are 50/50. I'd stay with my first choice if for no other reason than if I changed to #2 and the car was behind #1, I'd hate myself forever.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The odds are 50/50. I'd stay with my first choice if for no other reason than if I changed to #2 and the car was behind #1, I'd hate myself forever.

Good thinking!!!! I'd do the same thing, for the same reason.

rstrats

Leni,

re: "The odds are 50/50."

What would you do if after your initial pick of curtain #1, and before any curtain was opened, I told you that you could stay with #1 or switch to BOTH #2 AND #3?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Leni,

re: "The odds are 50/50."

What would you do if after your initial pick of curtain #1, and before any curtain was opened, I told you that you could stay with #1 or switch to BOTH #2 AND #3?

Then I'd pick #2 and #3 but don't keep changing rules of the game. This is getting tiresome. I'm getting the distinct notion that you're trying to fuck with me. I don't like it. Go elsewhere.

rstrats

EastTexFrank,

re: Then I'd pick #2 and #3 ..."

So what is the difference if you personally open both curtains or the host opens one of them for you?

loboloco

What if you just strangled the host and took all three? This what if junk could go on forever.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually the odds are not 50/50, which is what rstrats is attempting to point out.

Welcome, by the way.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
EastTexFrank,

re: Then I'd pick #2 and #3 ..."

So what is the difference if you personally open both curtains or the host opens one of them for you?

The difference being that if I opened the curtain I'd rip it down, tie it round your annoying, scrawny neck and strangle you to fucking death with it. I find that mental image very pleasing for some reason. :biggrin:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I would just stick with the one i chose and asked the game show host to bloody hurry up and open the curtain as if i had won the car i would want to fill the gas tank asap before the prices went up.:yum::yum::yum: