• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol on Spokane, Craigslist

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Saw this one on Craigslist today:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/bar/530197281.html

1963 thiokol snow cat,trade for 4X4 3/4 ton or cash and truck,just cash ,guns cat has 6 cly ford c6 tranny
0101110103110104092008010668d248e1af12f3e57800c622.jpg
01020701040701030420080106fa5f4cd1e8c2b89af000af42.jpg

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
And a Thiokol Spryte too (no picture though):

http://spokane.craigslist.org/rvs/516326425.html

Thiokol Sprite 5 passenger Snow Cat - $15000

Reply to: sale-516326425@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-12-21, 12:03PM PST

We decided to sell one of our snow cats so our loss is your gain. Thiokol Spryte "1202" Five passenger. Six cylinder ford. Rebuilt C-4 rearend/transmission with drop down gear boxes. New exhaust. 1500 hours. 40 gallon fuel tank/tool box.
If you have watched the prices of these go for quite a bit without any rebuilt parts then you know that this is a pretty reasonable price. But we are open to offers within reason. Email me if you need additional pictures. You can call me if you have any questions.
253-732-5135 cell

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 516326425

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter

I looked at this one several months ago when it first was on and took a pass on it for various reasons but y'all may want to see more ... I put extra photos in the forum gallery if anyone wants to see more such as the inside.

In a nutshell the price is almost double what it warrants bu that's just me...maybe I'm a cheap SOB! :pat: Wait a minute... no, I am definitely cheap... SOB is optional. :yum:

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I looked at this one several months ago when it first was on and took a pass on it for various reasons but y'all may want to see more ... I put extra photos in the forum gallery if anyone wants to see more such as the inside.

In a nutshell the price is almost double what it warrants bu that's just me...maybe I'm a cheap SOB! :pat: Wait a minute... no, I am definitely cheap... SOB is optional. :yum:

ps... I feel like it's an AA session or something... I have to admit I did get close to pulling the trigger... even though I knew the $$$ was off... but I have a few of you here on the forum to thank for slapping some sense into me (you know who you are) because I can't seem to get rid of this stinking Trackmaster bug I've caught that makes me lose my logic from time-to-time! :tiphat:

Thanks guys! Sniff! :cry:

.... just one of those situations where you put $X in and it doesn't mean you get it out...but if anyone is in love with a 601 (heaven help you) and don't have one... maybe she's a taker? PM if you want to chat.

What is the guy's asking price?

Thanks,
Sno_Dwag

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
There was also a Thiokol in the Fernely, Nevada local paper for sale .I don't know the details but my brother told me about it last week . I also am trying to get more information on a very good condition Tucker1544 and a Bombi that are for sale in my area of Idaho . I can get more information on this if someone is interested ASAP . Both units are in Orofino ,Idaho

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
$8,000... and it's firm, rock-solid, that's it... has a glitch in the auto tranny starting out but should be an adjustment. Rear boggies are made out of car rims with welded pieces to make the right spacing for creating a rubberized boggie. Tracks spliced together improperly, one track belt wider than another, equipment boxes are home-made/iffy welding, decking is old, interior is rough, doesn't know hours/miles, gauges missing, slave cylinders replaced with something non-standard, etc... HOWEVER, it's still a 601 and it comes wtih an extra belt of grousers! 8) So, even with all that I was tempted however it's just too much $. It may be worth it to someone that wants to turn back into it's original spec... you know, crazy folks that like to dump cash into black holes! ;)

$8,000... and it's firm, rock-solid, that's it... has a glitch in the auto tranny starting out but should be an adjustment. Rear boggies are made out of car rims with welded pieces to make the right spacing for creating a rubberized boggie. Tracks spliced together improperly, one track belt wider than another, equipment boxes are home-made/iffy welding, decking is old, interior is rough, doesn't know hours/miles, gauges missing, slave cylinders replaced with something non-standard, etc... HOWEVER, it's still a 601 and it comes wtih an extra belt of grousers! 8) So, even with all that I was tempted however it's just too much $. It may be worth it to someone that wants to turn back into it's original spec... you know, crazy folks that like to dump cash into black holes! ;)

Thanks Mainer:tiphat:

There was also a Thiokol in the Fernely, Nevada local paper for sale .I don't know the details but my brother told me about it last week . I also am trying to get more information on a very good condition Tucker1544 and a Bombi that are for sale in my area of Idaho . I can get more information on this if someone is interested ASAP . Both units are in Orofino ,Idaho

BigAl - I would be interested in more info on both units.

Thank you,
Sno_Dawg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok I have not seen the Bombi yet ,but the Tucker is primo . It was purchased from Bill at Snow Trans . The owner guy died and his wife is selling it . I have seen only the photographs ,but I was told it is in excellent shape by the next door nieghbor . I tried to drive by where it was suppose to be to take pictures but could not find it . I'll do my best to get a number . I do not know if they all come this way on a 1544 ,but this one has a 4 door cab and pickup box on the back .

It may be worth it to someone that wants to turn back into it's original spec... you know, crazy folks that like to dump cash into black holes! ;)

I for one am recovering from dumping a ton of cash into the restoration of a 70' 67 year old wooden tug boat, so I am steering away from the money pits right now...:YesNo:

BigAl - The 1544 sounds like a nice unit, but probably more than I should spend. I am trying to stay under $5k. Do you have any pricing info on either of the cats?

Thanks again,
Sno_Dawg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I do know that they will all go above $5000 . The Thiokol in Nevada was around 6 grand , my brother thought . He is trying to find a phone number now . If he does ,i'll post it ,but Mainer has 1st shot as he PMed me on this 1st.