• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Halloween ~ RAIN CANCELLATION

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
100% chance of rain, some heavy storms, several of the communities in the area have CANCELLED 'trick or treating' and a few have DELAYED it until tomorrow.

When I was a kid we just went out in the rain/sleet/snow. It seemed like a rare year when we had nice weather on Halloween.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to be raining here as well. I just sit in the RTV at the end of the driveway so I'll stay relatively dry.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh hell. It's a mixture of rain and snow here now and nothing is cancelled. Postponing halloween because of weather??? Sounds like only something those wusses south of us would do. Anything more than two snowflakes and they call in the national guard to rescue them.:poke::poke::poke:

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here some communities have postponed trick or treat. Some have just changed today's time. It's due to the high winds accompanying the rain.
Our time went from 6-8 to 5:30-7:00. Lot of difference that makes ......... NOT
But I don't care. In 13 years in this house we've had zero beggars. No sidewalks and speed limit of 60 MPH on this state route.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I could see a cancelation if, one had heavy fog, severe winds, or a tornado watch cancel it for rain or cold hogg wash. my kids have been out in sub zero temps but not this year temps are hovering around freezing and no snow on the ground now. a couple of days ago I thought they would be walking around in rubber boots, as I was sinking to my ankles in mud.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm a canadian. I grew up knowing that every year, I would have to design my costume to fit over my snowsuit.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I herd youall knucks don't really drink moose head, that it's only brewed for export. Molson's I've herd is the preferred beer of Canada.

Meh. Molson canadian is the beer we reserve for frenchmen, natives, and yankees. The rest of us think it tastes like horse piss.:doh:

Never tried moosehead. My beer of choice is Brava. very similar to coors but $10 cheaper a case.
brava-beer.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Back on topic. Four kids here managed to fill a large rubbermaid container full of chocolate and chips. Quite a few kids out tonight. The weather held off. Plus 7 with no snow or rain.

leadarrows

Tornado Alerts

Tornado Watch for:
Bartholomew
Brown
Clark
Crawford
Decatur
Dubois
Floyd
Harrison
Jackson
Jefferson
Jennings
Johnson
Lawrence
Martin
Monroe
Morgan
Orange
Perry
Rush
Scott
Shelby
Spencer
Washington

Severe T-Storm Alerts

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for:
Dearborn
Decatur
Fayette
Franklin (Alert #1)
Franklin (Alert #2)
Jennings
Perry
Randolph
Ripley
Union
Wayne

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for:
Dearborn
Fayette
Franklin
Ohio
Ripley
Switzerland
Union
Wayne

Flood Alerts

Flood Advisory for:
Boone
Clay
Hamilton
Hendricks
Parke
Putnam

Just saying.....

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
so put 'em in rainboots. my family & friends made their way through. a few brought tots into a pub i was @. they were promptly sent on their way. (pub-grub chased w/ vodka is reserved 4 adults.) some ppl.....

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
100% chance of rain, some heavy storms, several of the communities in the area have CANCELLED 'trick or treating' and a few have DELAYED it until tomorrow.

When I was a kid we just went out in the rain/sleet/snow. It seemed like a rare year when we had nice weather on Halloween.

Crap Bob !!! Get with it !

The new generation of kids "Might" get wet and catch a cold or ruin their new Nike tennis shoes !!!
I hear for next year the kids are going to have everyone mail candy , money or drugs ....whatever ...directly to their home to save time .
Obama is heading up the Federal oversight committee to see it runs correctly . So far Obama has stated it will cost each taxpayer less than he currently is paying out in candy now . There will be a goverment programs for the poor who can't pay the mailing cost and candy will be disbused at a location yet unannouced .Planned Parenthood has ask to be on the oversight committee .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Crap Bob !!! Get with it !

The new generation of kids "Might" get wet and catch a cold or ruin their new Nike tennis shoes !!!
I hear for next year the kids are going to have everyone mail candy , money or drugs ....whatever ...directly to their home to save time .
Obama is heading up the Federal oversight committee to see it runs correctly . So far Obama has stated it will cost each taxpayer less than he currently is paying out in candy now . There will be a goverment programs for the poor who can't pay the mailing cost and candy will be disbused at a location yet unannouced .Planned Parenthood has ask to be on the oversight committee .

I heard that Obama is going to do the whole "distrubution of wealth" thing with Halloween next year. He's gonna take half the candy collected by the kids who actually dragged their butts out there and went door to door regarless of weather and give it to the ones who were to wussed out and stayed home.:whistling:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rained here the entire time. My kids both went out (on foot) and came home soaking wet but with a decent amount of candy.

I stood at the end of our driveway with 2 other dads in the rain. I had a raincoat but with the wind bringing the rain in sideways, it didn't help much. My shoes are still drying out.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I let Dargo and Bruno out so there would be no chance of any little beggars walking all the way back my drive and ate the candy myself. :biggrin:

Leni

Well gee guys. Maybe that's why I live here in SoCal. :flowers: It was beautiful yesterday and the evening was very pleasant. Had around 30 or so kids come by.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The city kids come out to our subdivision in busses. But not in the rain, I guess.

We had candy for 1,200:w00t2:
We had twelve here all night.:whistling:

I handed each one a double handfull of sweets. Their parents would exclaim, "no, you don't have to give them that much." To which I responded, "yes I do. If I don't, I'll end up eating it.":sad:

Leni

My husband has already started eating the leftover candy. :hammer: Just what he needs since he is diabetic and overweight.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had ZERO at our house.

Again.

I think our busiest year ever was maybe a dozen kids. But that was back when Melen was a little kid. There were several other little kids who lived up and down the road back then . . . but they all grew up!

Back when we lived farther north in the 'suburbs' we'd get 150+ every year.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We had zero at our house like normal, not even the new 4 yr old next door. We did have some nasty weather. A tornado touched down in town. Destroyed 3 mobile homes.