• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Don't put bare vegetables in shopping carts

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
:hammer::hammer:

Attachments

• shopping.jpg
    shopping.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 276

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
OMG! To hell with the veggies! I'm never touching a grocery cart again, ever! :puking::puking::puking: What in hell is the matter with people?

cdajen

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'd be far more concerned about the grubby little germ covered children that are always sneezing, drooling or wiping boogers all over shopping carts. I hate using produce bags, I just wash my veggies.

cdajen

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Because particularly for veggies and fruits that are going to be peeled anyway, they are a waste. the bags aren't terribly useful for other things and i see no reason to use more plastic bags than is necessary. I only use them for things like grapes or other small fruits that I'm trying to contain. I wash everything anyway, so I don't feel the need to protect my fruit from other fruit and veg in my shopping bags.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry, but I want either paper or plastic between my food and the crap others leave on the carts. You have to worry enough about what may be on the food from wherever it comes from. Too many bad germs get passed around already.

cdajen

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I'm a biologist, so I'm pretty familiar with various microbes. I worry about germs that could be on my food from processing, but not germs from carts. Very few dangerous germs can live on cold bare metal carts, and I either wash or cook everything. Most of my produce comes from my garden or local suppliers, so it's not much of an issue with me.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else curious to find out how she got out of that cart?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else curious to find out how she got out of that cart?
Actually the cart back hinges up for stacking of the carts. If you raise it up and tilt the cart toward the rear wheels even her big butt will slide out.:w00t2:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
oh, geez! ew- think of it- 1st, ppl's toddlers in a buggy w/ leaky diapers, teething on 'em, kiddos filthy shoes in the main section of the buggies, ppl u see in the restroom that won't wash, others sneezing, coughing on 'em,- now this.
i'm tryin' yet to figure how she squeezed her fluffly self into that thing- i've seen ones that pull open, tho not recently. they have purell wipes by the buggies where i get food, & my buggy gets cleaned!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just carved down a fresh pineapple that sat in a cart. Made sure it was trimmed well before cutting it up.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What made the OP call her a bare vegetable?
She was wearing underclothes, (I hope).
I don't think he was calling her a bare veggie. He was saying this might be the cart you get so don't put bare veggies on it. Make sense?

Pretty Flamingo

I feel quite sorry for her in a way. She must know it is a humiliating situation. She should be in a mobility scooter or sit by the checkouts while her companions/family do the shopping.