• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The food police??

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our Masonic lodge is serving supper tomarow night at the local farmers market. This year we had to buy a $35 permit to do this after 15 years or so of serving this event.:hammer::hammer:

Then we had to tell them where and when our event is. So of course now they will be there to check us to be sure we are "safe":hammer::hammer:

What in the hell is the country comming to anyway? Sell us permit so you can check us like little kids.....To idiot proof the world it takes a mess of on the tax tit idiots....They should get a real job and leave us the hell alone....Geesh

Regards, Kirk

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i know, it's those few idiots that make it a hassle fer the rest.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
These people are a freekin' pest.

Way back when, during Katrina, our little town was one of the evacuation centers for people from the Gulf Coast. The whole town rallied and pitched in to help. The high school kids helped play with and entertain all the little ones, the church ladies took turns at cooking pot luck suppers, the Methodist men always cooked breakfast, a local store donated demo big screen tv's that were hooked up for something to watch, the local library came round with a selection of books for adults and kids, etc., etc. It was a real community effort and as far as evacuations go, everybody there enjoyed their stay. It was almost like a weeks vacation to many of them.

The second time it happened a lot of the same people were back again. It was like visiting with friends except that in the interim the Government had got involved. The people were complaining about the food and wondered what had happened to all the home cooked meals. Homeland Security decreed that all the food served to them had to be prepared in a sanctioned professional kitchen to government nutritional guidelines. The only problem was that the nearest one was over 30 miles away. The food was luke warm when it arrived and to be honest it wasn't all that good. The building they were being housed in had a huge professional kitchen but it wasn't "sanctioned" so we weren't even allowed to heat the food up. It was bloody terrible. There were all kinds of rules and regulations and "observers" showed to to ensure that they were being followed. The second time the people were glad to get back on the buses and go home and I can't blame them. I got tired of trying to explain that we now had all these guidelines to follow.

Now, I know that Homeland Security and all the other Departments were trying to ensure that things were being done safely and hygienically but sometimes it's just better if they get the hell out of the way and let people get on with it.

So 300 H&H, you have my sympathy because there is no way you can fight these buggers. They make the rules and make sure that everybody plays by them. It's how they ensure that they have a job and keep busy.

** end of rant ** thanks for listening.!!!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
if u keep things @ the proper temp, insist on staff washing between each food neared, then wearing non-allergenic gloves, & that they sanitize thier prep/cooking area between food items using quats, they have 'lil 2 say.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
if u keep things @ the proper temp, insist on staff washing between each food neared, then wearing non-allergenic gloves, & that they sanitize thier prep/cooking area between food items using quats, they have 'lil 2 say.

Wrong!!!!!

What they did say is that if the City didn't conform to their stipulations and guidelines there would be no reimbursement from the Feds for any expenses that the City incurred from housing and providing for the evacuees for the week that they spent here.

Call it what you may, it's still intimidation. It pissed off a lot of people in our little town. So much so that there will be some serious discussion on whether our town will be a designated evacuation center if such a thing ever happens again. It doesn't breed goodwill and understanding.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Wrong!!!!!

What they did say is that if the City didn't conform to their stipulations and guidelines there would be no reimbursement from the Feds for any expenses that the City incurred from housing and providing for the evacuees for the week that they spent here.

Call it what you may, it's still intimidation. It pissed off a lot of people in our little town. So much so that there will be some serious discussion on whether our town will be a designated evacuation center if such a thing ever happens again. It doesn't breed goodwill and understanding.

okay. my multilple nationional certifications apparantantly mean nothing. ur correct in ur eyes. not my job to change 'at. i have the certificates to prove my knowledge.
if u get that angry, shrug.
nobody likes getting ill from food. be ticked @ me. i think i'll push on. the elderly, the ill, pregnant/thier fetuses, etc. may not like it so very much. food safety is so pertinant. get as mad as u'd like; making someone at risk is no joke. plain & simple.

Last edited:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
okay. my multilple nationional certifications apparantantly mean nothing. ur correct in ur eyes. not my job to change 'at. rock on! i have the certificates proving my knowledge.
you--
nobody likes getting ill from food.

Your multilple nationional certificates are for preparing the food in a safe and hygienic manner, not for dealing with the government inspectors and regulators who enforce the hygiene laws or for dealing with Homeland Security who hold the purse strings in such an operation.

You may have certificates proving your knowledge but I have three college degrees proving mine. You want to put your qualifications and experience up against mine??? Don't talk down to me. I don't like it.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
haha, u think all we learn is cooking-based!~, lol.
lists urs. i was a student, 6 yrs. & no, there're only some required, & others certifications taken by choice.
lol, divulge the careers acheived via ur several degrees........my 1 certification- it's to protect the health of citizens. & where'd 'ya work w/ them degrees of yours. how'd they benefit us~.......

i can have a carreer because i chose one degree, & chose it wisely. i only needed 1. u~

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
If you have ever noticed, the bossy bureaucrats from homeland insecurity and FU-EMA, are the same people who never got picked on the playground, and who had their books knocked out of their hands in school. They are back, complete with their Napoleon complex, to haunt each and every one of us.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Please don't forget that we pay their way with our taxes. They ought to be subject to us. Uh oh, I fear the tail is wagging the dog again. When are we as people going to elect officals with some common sence?? We cannot afford to make this world we live in idiot proof. The idiots will figure out a way to hurt them selves anyway....

Regards, Kirk

Kane

When are we as people going to elect officals with some common sence??

Regards, Kirk

Consider what it takes to become an elected official. It is not a matter of having credentials in being wise, it is a matter of appeal and popularity. So we end up with some very appealing dumb shits in office.

But the generic Democrat believes in their elected officials and relies upon them as being intellectually elite. Stoopid Democrats.

loboloco

okay. my multilple nationional certifications apparantantly mean nothing. ur correct in ur eyes. not my job to change 'at. i have the certificates to prove my knowledge.
if u get that angry, shrug.
nobody likes getting ill from food. be ticked @ me. i think i'll push on. the elderly, the ill, pregnant/thier fetuses, etc. may not like it so very much. food safety is so pertinant. get as mad as u'd like; making someone at risk is no joke. plain & simple.
Luvs, sorry, but your certs actually mean absolutely nothing when dealing with the government. I have built, helped set up, and occasionally worked in these type kitchens. If the feds(other than the military) get involved, all commonsense goes out the window. Even state approved facilities will often be rejected by the feds. Nothing to do with your schooling, just with beaurocratic nonsense. remember, schooling only gives you a basic foundation, no school can cover all the idiocy coming out of the government nowadays.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm not dealing w/ this. i have too much on my figurative plate today. they're national certifications.
regardless, yes, some of it may seem nonsense- until an elderly man keels over after ingesting ur food because u were too busy to wash & keep foods @ proper temps. then you'll need some hip waders to get past the 1st piles of chit u'll be in.

btw, my 1st comments were complete common sense. i was saying how to keep the idiots from having nothing to bug yinz over next time. show it to them. they'll lose interest & head to the golf course.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend of mine just checked in from Colorado Springs with an interesting take on this issue. Of the 33,000 forced evacuations, less than 5,000 spent the night in a shelter. The rest were lodged in private homes, many people welcomed total strangers. That's the way it should be, that's the way it used to be. I wonder how many of the under 30 crowd have actually heard of a barn raising after a fire.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Luvs, sorry, but your certs actually mean absolutely nothing when dealing with the government. I have built, helped set up, and occasionally worked in these type kitchens. If the feds(other than the military) get involved, all commonsense goes out the window. Even state approved facilities will often be rejected by the feds. Nothing to do with your schooling, just with beaurocratic nonsense. remember, schooling only gives you a basic foundation, no school can cover all the idiocy coming out of the government nowadays.

+1 Not to mention how the government "controls" who staffs and supplies these "certified" kitchens.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
lists urs. i was a student, 6 yrs. & no, there're only some required, & others certifications taken by choice.
lol, divulge the careers acheived via ur several degrees........my 1 certification- it's to protect the health of citizens. & where'd 'ya work w/ them degrees of yours. how'd they benefit us~.......

i can have a carreer because i chose one degree, & chose it wisely. i only needed 1. u~

Your Certifications aside mean nothing to goverment control. Even a liscensed certified electrician must get a building permit to wire a house.

However, this is mendatious activity, for it prevents charity. The sharing of food amoung friends and neighbors. A tradition in almost all communal groups.

This is about preventing non governmental agencies, churches, benevelent organizations and simple folks from performing charitable services for their neighbors in need.
IT must come from or through the government. Who will stand for no competition.
When you provide lousy goods and services, you cannot compete with thiose who do. So you regulate them out of commision. It is why big corporations love regulations. it cullsthe herd of compettiors who may provide better products.

luv's,try this. Get a street corner and set up a kitchen to feed anybody, rich, poor, homeless. Do it for free or charge for the food. See how your "certifictions" stand when the Health Dept shows up and asks for your permits and licenses.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

Good Lord, what nonsense is this?

Taking the last part fist. I have a Degree in Chemistry from the University of Aberdeen. It was founded by Royal Charter in 1495 so it's been around a while. I have 2 Degrees in Petroleum Engineering from the Royal School of Mines at Imperial College in London. Imperial College is consistently ranked among the best universities in the world.

"divulge the careers acheived via ur several degrees" .... Gladly. I was a Senior Project Drilling Engineer for Mobil Oil. I was responsible and accountable for a budget of $100 to $150 million a year, depending on the project.

"where'd 'ya work w/ them degrees of yours" ... I worked all over the world, in the USA, Europe, West Africa, Egypt, Venezuela and Peru. I also traveled extensively in the Far East and Australia on business.

"how'd they benefit us~" .... Those degrees weren't designed to benefit you, us or anybody else. I put in all the time and effort to benefit me and mine. They enabled me to be such a failure in life that I was able to retire when I was 52 years old. You don't do that because you're broke.

"i can have a carreer because i chose one degree, & chose it wisely" ... Congratulations but remember when you're working away back in the kitchen that I'm sitting at a table out front paying you to cook for me.

Now, I'm going to say to you what you said to someone else on this board just a few weeks ago. "Don't judge me because you know nothing about me".

I think that this has gone far enough and will take no further part in this discussion.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Lord, what nonsense is this?

Taking the last part fist. I have a Degree in Chemistry from the University of Aberdeen. It was founded by Royal Charter in 1495 so it's been around a while. I have 2 Degrees in Petroleum Engineering from the Royal School of Mines at Imperial College in London. Imperial College is consistently ranked among the best universities in the world.

"divulge the careers acheived via ur several degrees" .... Gladly. I was a Senior Project Drilling Engineer for Mobil Oil. I was responsible and accountable for a budget of $100 to $150 million a year, depending on the project.

"where'd 'ya work w/ them degrees of yours" ... I worked all over the world, in the USA, Europe, West Africa, Egypt, Venezuela and Peru. I also traveled extensively in the Far East and Australia on business.

"how'd they benefit us~" .... Those degrees weren't designed to benefit you, us or anybody else. I put in all the time and effort to benefit me and mine. They enabled me to be such a failure in life that I was able to retire when I was 52 years old. You don't do that because you're broke.

"i can have a carreer because i chose one degree, & chose it wisely" ... Congratulations but remember when you're working away back in the kitchen that I'm sitting at a table out front paying you to cook for me.

Now, I'm going to say to you what you said to someone else on this board just a few weeks ago. "Don't judge me because you know nothing about me".

I think that this has gone far enough and will take no further part in this discussion.

lol'ing. okay. so ur great & i suck.
know why i am working in that kitchen for 'u' (u's get blacklisted, often, btw. 'sorry, sir, we're booked thru next february'.) ~ i chose a culinary degree & to work kitchens because i love work. it makes me know that i'm making something of my life via blood, sweat, & tears. and as u mentioned~ it's u paying me! not me paying u~
i'm not smugly dining in an establishment and showing a holier-than-thou attitude toward others. when i dine high-end, i show utter respect for the staff unless they treat me w/ rudeness. i'm unimpressed. my family & friends have travelled many a place. i've gone. i despised it. meh.
& i am not poor. where'd u get that thought from~. how much was ur last pair of shoes~ jeans~ meal~ grocery reciept~ likely less than my own.

franc, i say to the homeless, 'here'. they get the $ i my pocket if i know for a fact they're homeless.
i wouldn't place a stand. pittsburgh food banks got many fancy foods from my school until it closed. we would starve so they could have food. i'm not so naive as to just place a food stand sans a permit/with proper sanitatation & food equipment. i volunteer, often. we follow basic standards. it's simple.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our lodge served smoke pork chops and beans and apple sauce and a drink, for $6....

It wasn't hard to comply at all. I just have the problem with paying for the certification. We pay taxes, so why the charge? Isn't the Gubbermint able to find the money form taxes for servinces? Oh yea I forgot, the Banksters removed the cash form the government treasury......

Regards, Kirk

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Our lodge served smoke pork chops and beans and apple sauce and a drink, for $6....

It wasn't hard to comply at all. I just have the problem with paying for the certification. We pay taxes, so why the charge? Isn't the Gubbermint able to find the money form taxes for servinces? Oh yea I forgot, the Banksters removed the cash form the government treasury......

Regards, Kirk

it's covering urself, basically. someone gets ill, bitches, potentially pulls a suit, all ur great intentions're flushed. ppl can be wads. money-hungry wads. i, personally, find others' efforts to contribute commendable, kind, thoughtful..... it's those few that :glare: