• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Poll on weight Bob's weight loss with new diet

How much weight will Bob lose on his new diet?

• He will lose 1 to 5 pounds

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • He will lose 5 to 10 pounds

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • He will lose over 10 pounds

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • He will blow off his diet and not lose any weight

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know if I was to totally splurg and fall completely off this diet, it would not be for a Nathan's hot dog. A Vienna, a Best's Kosher or a Hebrew National could get me to jump off this diet, but not a Nathan's! Damn, now I am craving a good dog. I'm thinking a Vienna Polish on a poppyseed roll, mustard, relish, double onions, celery salt, sport peppers, and tomato slices. YUM.

Chicagoland has more hot dog stands than it has McDonald's.
We have a couple great ones near my office. Arnie's Dog House "Where man bites dog" has some of the best, they steam cook Vienna brand dogs there. Great buns, they steam those lightly too.

BTW, the diet is going OK, I find I do cheat a little bit (not every day), and everything would taste better with salt. I'm not really sure how much weight I have lost, but I suspect it is about 12 pounds. I can tell you that my pants pretty much hang on me and I've tighted my belts 2 notches!

Gatorboy

B_Skurka said:
Chicagoland has more hot dog stands than it has McDonald's. We have a couple great ones near my office.

My favorite when I lived near Chicago was SuperDawg! Gotta love the poppy-seed buns!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
My favorite when I lived near Chicago was SuperDawg! Gotta love the poppy-seed buns!

Did you ever get a chance to go down to Maxwell Street for an orignal Maxwell Street polish sausage? OH MAN THOSE ARE GOOD! That area has been rebuilt over the last few years but the memory of the food still lingers!

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:

Did you make the mistake of ordering ketchup the first time you went there? :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pigtails said:
Now see what you've done.. He's gonna crash..
Well I can WISH for food, but at this point I'm recovering from foot surgery so I can't go for a drive to get any and the lovely Mrs_B has the house stocked with food that is pretty much limited to my allowed foods.

So I can dream about falling off the proverbial wagon, but its not going happen.

Gatorboy

DaveNay said:
Did you make the mistake of ordering ketchup the first time you went there?

I grew up knowing that ketchup is a NO-NO on hotdogs. When I see people put ketchup on a hotdog I think, "What's WRONG with that person?"

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
So I can dream about falling off the proverbial wagon, but its not going happen.

Some of the internet grocers deliver and we have a company called "Take Out Taxi" here that will pick up your to go order and deliver. I'm sure you could find their equilivant in the phone book.

On second thought a GOOD dog sounds great. What do you want on yours? I can be there in a couple of hours if I can find a flight from Dulles this afternoon. O'Hare or Midway best to get to your place?

Jim

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
I grew up knowing that ketchup is a NO-NO on hotdogs. When I see people put ketchup on a hotdog I think, "What's WRONG with that person?"

ketchup is for french fires. You use mustard or mayo to dress a dog.

Jim

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
jim slagle said:
O'Hare or Midway best to get to your place?
For the next year, NEITHER. There is road construction on 94, 294, and 80-94 all converging on the south side of Chicago. What used to be a 45 to 60 minute drive is now 2 to 3 hours!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
For the next year, NEITHER. There is road construction on 94, 294, and 80-94 all converging on the south side of Chicago. What used to be a 45 to 60 minute drive is now 2 to 3 hours!

I guess I'll stay home then. Or maybe just jump in the truck and head west on I70. Which way do I turn when I get to Indiana?