• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

dammit

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
an Iron Chef is here. i was gonna visit- they say people-traffic is/was overwhelming. so~ i missed that event. my Mom ignored my calls. she was gonna take me. (i thus said she was gonna be put into an old folks' place the minute she reached retirement. on me.) i think she got slightly upset~:whistling:
-especially when i reminded her of how soon that day'll be here-

was neat to be on the phone while she was there-i heard her & the chaos, at least.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
yeah. i could have gotten there, via cabbie, though when i called, they said she would soon be leaving. disappointing. maybe she'll hire me 1 day. hehe. if only a famous Chef would give this newbie chef a thought.:flowers:

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
yeah. i could have gotten there, via cabbie, though when i called, they said she would soon be leaving. disappointing. maybe she'll hire me 1 day. hehe. if only a famous Chef would give this newbie chef a thought.:flowers:

Well newbie....get up and go after it!!!!!! How many have you walked up to and ask to have a chance? while in the navy....I wanted to learn something about loging........[not many loging outfits in westeren kansas!!!!] so when I got a months leave I went up to oragan and went into a loging outfit and ask if I could work at what ever they wanted me to do...at no pay..except for the experance...for most of the month......till I had to go back...I ended up asking and getting a 14 day extention on my leave and spent the whole time up in the mountins at a logging camp...and I did get some experance!!!!!! when it came time to leave ...the drag boss invited me to come back any time........the man who owned the company ask if I thought I had gotten the experance I was looking for..........said yes sir....shook hands and left for the ship.....a few days out to sea...the skipper called me up to his state room....and said that he had receved word that I had done him proud.....and handed me a check from the loging company for 2000.00.....that was a lot of money to a young sailer!!!......

I guess the point of all this is just to say ya cant sit around and waite....get out and go after what ya want!!!! maby even work for little or nothing for a while to show what you can do....to earn the respect needed to get a good job.....with some one you want to work with....instead of just work for....

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have. & awesome that u have, too, ki0ho.
work is competitive in my industry- my school closed & several hundred scrambled fer work as Chefs, here. there was not a day i would not apply or call.
then, i got ill. (that's getting well) that is inhibiting me. i used to ignore cabbies & public transport unless i needed to be somewhere now! i prefer pavement & my God-given feet.
i have volunteered, & was recently recuited to teach a(nother) cooking class. the job is non-paying. it's got its own rewards, tho. i need to make menus, instruct, teach a population of people not used to nutritious food/ healthy habits, & how to portion food.
this class is different- i'm an instructor-to-be, rather than the student. before, Chef was there when we would teach.
now it's me. by myself.
& if i'm not :flowers::biggrin: