• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

And I took the next 7 days off to work outside!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0542.PNG
    IMG_0542.PNG
    249 KB · Views: 127

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Fook me that's hot. We got some hot and humid shit heading our way, too. Ironically, I, also, took the hottest days off to hit the junkyard and work on my car. I bet I sweat out 5 lbs at least in the junkyard.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Reminds me of the time I took a week off to build my deck on the south side of the house. I think it hit around 115 down around the asphalt driveway where I was spending a ton of my time.

Could be worse - it could be raining. ;)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, isn't that just beautiful Brent?

The temp is going to be 103 here tomorrow.
That's not factoring in the humidity, but the weather forecasters are all saying it's going to be a dry heat.

Today it got up to 90, but the humidity measured low (20%) -- so it was still pretty comfortable.

Right now it's 77 out there and didn't feel bad at all when I left work to come home this evening.

It's going to stay in the high 90s until 6 July.
grrrr

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Our heatwave broke. It only got to 99 today. It's supposed to get back up to the low 100's for the rest of the week. It doesn't matter all that much, it's still freekin' hot. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
57 here and supposed to hit 90 Friday. That is cool compared to folks out west of here.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Our weather guys are all excited because the hottest day ever here was 105 degrees and we seem certain to break that. And, even more exciting for them, we are double dipping all time records; we will officially be in the worst drought in recorded history. I suppose I should be happy I'm not a farmer. They will lose all.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The farmers around here are doing something right, as the corn looks good out in the fields.
Most of the fields look good.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
we will officially be in the worst drought in recorded history. I suppose I should be happy I'm not a farmer. They will lose all.

That's where we were last year. We started feeding the little bit of hay we had for the winter in August. There was no grass at all for the cows. It was all burnt, dried and dead. We're a little bit better off this year but it's started to get hot and nasty now. We've enough hay to get through the winter but not if we have to start feeding in August again. We should be OK though, there seems to be a lot of hay out there this year to buy which wasn't the case last year. We were shipping in baled corn stalks because it was the only thing we could find last year and the cows were eating it 'coz they were so hungry.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to be a farmer of any sort?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of the farmers around here are those who have handed down farms from generations, Frank- and I suppose they know how to deal with what Gramps and Daddy did.
Driving around in the country you'd never know we've had drought conditions so extreme thus far.

From the Knippen to the Pohlman families and beyond.. this is a big farming country.
Most of the residents of this town are related to or are farmers and very proud of it.
'Grove, 'Jennings, Kalida, Ottoville, Spencerville.. I am surrounded by nothing but farm fields as far as the eye can see.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Most of the farmers around here are those who have handed down farms from generations, Frank- and I suppose they know how to deal with what Gramps and Daddy did.
Driving around in the country you'd never know we've had drought conditions so extreme thus far.

From the Knippen to the Pohlman families and beyond.. this is a big farming country.
Most of the residents of this town are related to or are farmers and very proud of it.
'Grove, 'Jennings, Kalida, Ottoville, Spencerville.. I am surrounded by nothing but farm fields as far as the eye can see.

Yea, once it gets in your blood there's nothing much you can do about it. We still mess around on the M-I-L's place which has been in the family for almost a 100 years. Once, many years ago, she got ticked off and sold all the cows. She couldn't stand it though and a couple of years later started another herd. These days, she's 94 and gets upset when she looks out the window and can't see any of her cows. We have to go round them up and drive them up to the house just to keep her happy. When that ol' girl goes she'll be the last of the breed. Not quite, two of her three daughters are every bit as bad and unfortunately (or otherwise) I'm married to one of them and best friends with the other. :yum::yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I just had to close the window as the cold night air was blowing in. Sure got breezy out considering nothing shows on radar.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Could be worse - it could be raining. ;)

It may be on me! 96 degrees high, as of right now, plus what should amount to a shit-ton of humidity with this:

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

AN AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS WILL MOVE QUICKLY SOUTHEAST ACROSS THE
REGION LATE TONIGHT. BRIEF STRONG DOWNBURST WIND GUSTS AND HAIL
ARE POSSIBLE WITH THE MORE INTENSE STORMS. LOCALIZED RAINFALL
AMOUNTS OF UP TO ONE INCH ARE POSSIBLE IN LESS THAN ONE HOUR.
FREQUENT CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING WILL ALSO ACCOMPANY THESE
STORMS.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

SEVERAL DAYS OF HOT AND HUMID WEATHER WILL BEGIN FRIDAY AND LAST
RIGHT THROUGH THE UPCOMING WEEKEND. HEAT INDICES DURING THE
AFTERNOON HOURS WILL APPROACH 100 DEGREES.

IN ADDITION...ANOTHER ROUND OF SCATTERED STRONG...TO POTENTIALLY
SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS IS POSSIBLE LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND
EVENING...MAINLY IN THE VICINITY OF A FRONTAL BOUNDARY THAT WILL
BE STALLED OUT ACROSS SOUTHERN AND WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTERS ARE REQUESTED TO RELAY REPORTS OF SEVERE WEATHER TO THE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE USING STANDARD
PROCEDURES.

Tell ya what, busting my ass is really gonna be busting my ass the next two days. And yes, I'll be working outside with metal throughout this. Keep an eye on the news, folks, you might see me! :yum:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Piss off!!! It just dropped below 90 here. Right now it's 89 degrees. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

LOL, now our "meteorologists" (what our weather people call themselves) are about to wet themselves. It's possible that during the next three days we will set an all time record for the 'warmest' low temperature each day with the lows forecasted to be in the mid 80's now. It seems every 6 hours or so they keep moving our temperature forecasts up.

I'm supposed to power-wash our porch, railing (1500 sq. ft. covered brick and concrete porch with vinyl railing) and wash the concrete around the pool (100% in the sun). I suppose I'll get out now and try to get the porch cleaned, but the 1000 sq. ft. or so of concrete and brick around the pool may just have to wait. I had one serious heat stroke about 12 or 15 years ago now and I flat out just can't take the heat like I used to.

I may lounge around in the pool a bit and then go get some movies from the library and watch movies inside with the kids today. Oh, I suppose I do have to get the A/C fixed at my one rent house where the unit went out. It's probably unreasonable to expect them to live there during the hottest days in our recorded history with no A/C. There again, even with several friends in the HVAC business, they are already buried with work that is paying double and tripple normal rates. They're not asking for any extra, but some people are offering that to get moved up on the list of homes to fix. In that situation, I figure they have to take the good money when it's being offered; someone will take it.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I keep waiting for the brownouts to start. Then folks will realize all this green energy stuff is a folly. We are at 67 right now but it will get warm as the weekend comes.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well the weatherman made a liar out of me. They completely revamped the forecast. Now it's supposed to only get to 99 today and cooling off the rest of the week to 92 on Sunday.

We've got family supper at our house on Saturday so like Dargo, I'll be powerwashing the deck and pool area. The replastered pool looks fantastic. I've also got to clean all the friggin' windows and there are a lot of them, every room has at least one sliding patio door. I hate doing windows!!!!! :hammer::hammer:

Tomorrow is going to be a grass cutting, edging and trimming day.

Thank goodness that we only host family supper twice a year. :yum:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Its been in the triple digits the last 5 days here , the next 10 days are calling for the same thing with no releif or moisture in sight. I was hoping when it finally moved east we would get a break. :sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure is getting a lot hotter than the local guys said. 86 now and too humid for work. I unloaded one big bucket full of wood and said the hell with this.:hammer:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
one of the warmest days yet here still only going to hit 50 and the nws is expecting another cold winter.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Many 4th of July fireworks are probably going to be cancelled around here due to the dry conditions.
We've got burn bans everywhere too.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Many 4th of July fireworks are probably going to be cancelled around here due to the dry conditions.
We've got burn bans everywhere too.

Not around here. I'm scheduled to work all day at it at the Civic Center selling snowcones to help Rotary funds. The fireworks are scheduled for the evening.

I'm going to haul the 5th wheel in there on the 3rd, get it set up and that'll at least give us some place to hide and cool off if it gets too bad. I'll have that a/c cranking in the fiver and I'm also going to bring along a misting fan so we won't totally melt while we sit outside. Come evening we'll break out the chairs, plant ourselves down with a beverage and watch the fireworks. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am going to try to get any work done early mornings before it gets cooking. Today was bad enough for me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Not around here. I'm scheduled to work all day at it at the Civic Center selling snowcones to help Rotary funds. The fireworks are scheduled for the evening.

I'm going to haul the 5th wheel in there on the 3rd, get it set up and that'll at least give us some place to hide and cool off if it gets too bad. I'll have that a/c cranking in the fiver and I'm also going to bring along a misting fan so we won't totally melt while we sit outside. Come evening we'll break out the chairs, plant ourselves down with a beverage and watch the fireworks. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sounds like fun Frankie!

I didn't say the fireworks were for sure going to get cancelled.. it's just something they've been talking about around here.
Put on the show I say!
God knows the Delphos Fire Department do little else other than holding chicken dinner fundraisers and washing their trucks-- if a field or something would catch fire, it'd make the news and give them something to do! :yum: