• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

This years baby turkeys are out and about

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Since we cut the hay over the weekend you can see them better than when they were crossing the pasture.

Attachments

• hens and pults 001.jpg
    hens and pults 001.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 83
  • hens and pults 003.jpg
    hens and pults 003.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 80

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Mule ..If you don't mind me asking..Where do the wild Turkey's build the nest..in the woods ..or in the grass..?:whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Usually in the fields or along the edge of them is where they nest. They hatch out mid May as a rule. They make a pretty picture out front.

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I remember haveing a couple turkeys ...on the farm...They were Mean..flog and attack most of the time.. Mom and Dad got divorced at that time..back in about 72..I asked dad what he wanted to with the turkeys and chickens ...he said get rid of them..so i traded 2 turkeys and 25 chickens off for a 1965 buick..that i tore the hell out of...LOL..:brows:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Since we cut the hay over the weekend you can see them better than when they were crossing the pasture.

The three labs just encountered a group of turkeys with their young . I'm not sure who left the fastest .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It must be that time of year. Last week we watched a doe bring her newly born fawn out of the pasture and on to our yard because it was easier for it to walk or "stagger" on the shorter grass. I saw them both again yesterday in the long grass in my neighbor's pasture and the fawn is a lot more sprightly. It handles the tall stuff pretty easily these days.

Things like that make country living glorious. :clap::clap::clap: