• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hanging drywall... with the tractor

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Needed to hang some drywall on the garage ceiling.

To reduce the number of seams, I was using 10 and 12' sheets.

I'm getting too old to lift those up by hand so I let the tractor do it.

I made a holder of sorts that goes on the face of the bucket.

Unfortunately, I'd forgotten that my loader only goes to 8' but the ceilings are 8.5'. Easy enough fix... use the car ramps. In this picture, I had to run backwards up the ramps due to lack of space behind me.

It worked great!

Attachments

• CIMG0512.JPG
    CIMG0512.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 58
  • CIMG0513.JPG
    CIMG0513.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 59

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Based on the use of a patriotic ladder theme, I would call that good old fashioned Yankee Ingenuity..... :idea: :applause:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I think there may be a few OSHA violations there.............that may be why it worked for you!

cool, but would it not be safer to add the 6 or 8 inches to the bucket stuff rather than use the ramps?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
cool, but would it not be safer to add the 6 or 8 inches to the bucket stuff rather than use the ramps?
At no time did it feel unsafe. Doing that was in fact my first thought after realizing I was short but I needed something fast.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thinking BC. Much easier than trying to hold it in place while someone puts the screws to it. :D