• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

newest "OLD" toy

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I last ran this truck around 30 years ago,when a bunch of us got a group of antique trucks together, and infiltrated a antique truck parade!!!:clap::clap: it has been under cover all these years,and my friend Dave said i should own it since it has my name all over it !!!! so i brought it home a few weeks ago,like i need another project! it is a 1930 Stewart panel truck,model 30 made in Syracuse N.Y. the last Stewart trucks were made in 1942. I might have it running this year!!:smile::smile:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

the last picture is my friend Steen behind the wheel ,he owns the scrapyard where i spend a bunch of my time. Don

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You and your friend look like the two of you have some "big fun!' with Big toys! Ua.. Big OLD toys.

Nice looking truck. I have my Grandfathers 35' Dodge Brothers two ton truck. It's pretty rough, and will be a big project if I get to it. Trouble is at 6'4" I can barley get in behind the steering wheel!! Kinda makes me wonder about sectioning the cab and adding in a couple of inches.

Back in the day, there must not have been many tall fellas, or maybe they were just left to suffer?.?.?

How is your truck for leg room?

Regards, Kirk

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet find Don. You should bring it to the 2016 American Truck Historical Society National Convention and Truck Show next May 26-28. This year it was in New York I believe and there were 1200 trucks. 2016 it will be in Oregon. Rock and Roll will be there. Lyle Cummins will be presenting a history of the engine company his father started.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Takes a pretty tall man to open the doors and feed wood to the boiler to heat the shop. Think I will stay away.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I doubt i will get that far out of town !!!:biggrin: .Im 6'4" also but theres plenty of leg room in in this truck,the gas tank is under the seat,but the seat back is missing,just another thing to fabricate. This is a 1 ton truck and theres really no cab back in it. Im on the search for a couple more Atlas hi-way 7.50 x 20 tires and headlights right now.:smile::smile: