• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac ST4 Fuse Box

SnowTrac Hunter

Anyone have any ideas for changing the location of the fuse panel to a more user friendly location??? Not happy with the current location. I am thinking to locate it under the drivers window.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My ST4 has the fuse box just aft of the left side of the dash, but lower on the side wall. It has a cover with two scews holding it on, and a diagram sheet in there to tell you what fuse does what.

Nearly the same place as you're considering....I have rarely blown a fuse BTW. It was my fault when I did, as well.

Works well enough for me, I'd say go for it.

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
no,I asked him last year about that placement and he said one person did.

SnowTrac Hunter

Just finished reassembly after I beefed up my front bogie wheels. Ran it up and down the alley several times to see how it would handle. Discovered previous owner had jerry-rigged the rear big tire with 1/2" bolts instead of lugs. Will have to correct that set-up when I get back on my next R&R. Turns real well now, and I am not hearing any guides clacking. Hopefully that was what was causing them to hang up.:smile: New electronic ignition started right up. :clap:

SnowTrac Hunter

Have not had any problems with fuses yet. Would like to add some lights, and accessories though. The current panel looks like it is maxed out, and I would like to have something more user friendly. I am also thinking of adding a master switch for the battery.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If you add lights, check the out put on the tag of your alternater and make sure it can carry the extra load. Mine has a voltage guage instead of an amp guage. If yours has one, you will be able to tell if the votage drops below 12.5V or so, the load is too much.The battery switch is always a good idea, especially in the off season.

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
on the fuse box i'm getting ready to do something with mine. corosion is uour enemy with the oe fuse box and i have had a lot of problems with sweat in side causing conection problems. so i will be replacing mine with a marine fuse pannel that uses atc fuses.

SnowTrac Hunter

Thanks Don. I will keep that in mind. I haven't been able to run mine very much due to mechanical problems, and wife having medical problems last few years. Hoping to haul some building materials in this winter if all goes well.