• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

*WTF* ??

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
http://surrenderyourknife.co.uk

(on their contact page I left this message.
"I believe that ALL live is sacred. Since all life is sacred one should have the means to DEFEND their life.
I don't know about the women who volunteer for your campaign but most women do seem to be smaller and weaker than many men.
If a woman who is 5 foot five comes against a male thug rapist 6 Ft five she will lose. Knife, or gun or nothing he will win.
Legalize firearms. It also stops Nazis. Remember that.")

More here: https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/article/20978/Save-a-life-surrender-your-knife-

Save a life, surrender your knife ...

(Opens in a new window)

Warwickshire and West Mercia Police are supporting the national 'save a life, surrender your knife' campaign that aims to reduce knife crime and the damage it causes to victims, families and the wider community.
Operation Deerstalker will run from Monday 25 July until Friday 19 August. During this time anyone with a knife will have the opportunity to surrender it at locally at Stratford or Leamington police stations (also at Hereford, Kidderminster, Rugby, Shrewsbury, Telford and Worcester police stations). People surrendering knives will not be required to leave any information but if police suspect a weapon may have been involved in a crime they will examine it for evidence.
The campaign is being run in partnership with the British Ironwork Centre in Shropshire. All the blades collected as part of the campaign will be made safe and used to help create a 20-foot high guardian angel sculpture in memory of those who have lost their lives to knife crime.
& Here
http://www.gmp.police.uk/live/Nhoodv3.nsf/WebsitePages/95BE6F096D7A084D8025806E004F4AB2?OpenDocument

If I volunteer do I get that cool T-shirt?

SurrenderYourKnife2.jpg

Sounds like a bad Monty Python sketch.
PointedSticks.gif

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Meanwhile back in the USA . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jogger-stabs-man-knife-groped-103116234.html

And I left that link as a message on the anti-knife site.

Police in Salt Lake City are attempting to identify a man who was stabbed by a jogger after he allegedly groped her in the street.

The groping suspect approached the jogger from behind in the attack on Friday at 6am, police said, which happened near Liberty Park in the city.
Related Searches

The jogger turned on the suspect and stabbed him multiple times, before chasing him past a nearby bus stop and down an alleyway, where the attacker got away, KUTV reports.

“A male approached her from behind and attacked her, groped her,” Salt Lake City Police Detective Greg Wilking told the broadcaster.

“Apparently when she runs she carries with her a small knife,” he said. “She was prepared, she took steps to be prepared and then on top of it she fought back.”

The suspect is described as a clean cut white man aged between 15 and 30 and was wearing a grey sweatshirt and a backpack. He is understood to be about 5ft 9in tall and 150 pounds.

Police believe the suspect has minor wounds to his chest and arms, Fox13 reported.
Guess she didn't want to waste ammo.?

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a shame to watch a once proud nation stumble into tyranny.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
The "Bobbies" would go nuts in our house. There are military/outdoor knives all over the place, including some hand-made blades, two crafted by my father out of Nicholson files before I was born. I didn't set out to be a knife collector but it seems to have happened anyway. I just can't seem to ignore good steel. :hammer:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't set out to be a knife collector but it seems to have happened anyway. I just can't seem to ignore good steel. :hammer:

Me neither. They just seemed to accumulate. I think that knives are beautiful, much more so than guns. I have them in all shapes, sizes, styles and configurations. Some of them are inexpensive, some of them are expensive and some of them are in the "I must have been nuts to pay that much" category. I like every one of them. I'm still looking for a Damascus blade pocket knife to replace the one I "lost" years ago. I'll find one on my travels one of these days.

Before my last trip to the UK, my son who knows that my every day carry is a Buck clip knife, expressly told me to leave it at home because the British Police were having a crackdown on knives and knife crime. When I was growing up in the UK every boy was expected to carry a knife. How things have changed ... and not for the better.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
We have to start teaching our constitution to kids in schools. It should be mandatory.

We know the reason it was written, including the Second Amendment.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Me neither. They just seemed to accumulate. I think that knives are beautiful, much more so than guns. I have them in all shapes, sizes, styles and configurations. Some of them are inexpensive, some of them are expensive and some of them are in the "I must have been nuts to pay that much" category. I like every one of them. I'm still looking for a Damascus blade pocket knife to replace the one I "lost" years ago. I'll find one on my travels one of these days.

Before my last trip to the UK, my son who knows that my every day carry is a Buck clip knife, expressly told me to leave it at home because the British Police were having a crackdown on knives and knife crime. When I was growing up in the UK every boy was expected to carry a knife. How things have changed ... and not for the better.
The late Colonel Townsend Whelen used to tell a story about his 2nd Grade teacher, who started every year by asking her class which of the boys had a jack-knife in his pocket. Those who did not rated low with her as she believed - accurately in my opinion - that those who did not were likely to be unable to care for themselves, while those with a knife were likely to be able to handle any situation that arose.

Those days are long gone; they were pretty much over when I entered grade school in the early 50's. The pity is that Colonel Whelen's teacher was absolutely right. As a species we have no claws to speak of and barely adequate teeth; a knife makes up for these deficiencies and allows us to compete on a more level footing with the other predators (four footed and otherwise) with whom we share this world.

My sons both have good blades and the knowledge of how to use them. If (when?) TSHTF/TEOTWAWKI they will have a better than average chance of surviving.