• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi new to the site and the sport but not to snow.

Nate b

I am currently at work in Prudhoe bay and live in Ellensburg wa. The other day a guy on my crew found a ski dozer 252 on Craigslist. My great younger brother and I have wanted one for years, he did the leg work of picking it up and hauling it home. It needs some work from what I know it runs and drives, and I have only been able to see it from the limited pics they have sent me. So here they are.
aeea0231-578a-3c34.jpg

aeea0231-5796-fbec.jpg

aeea0231-57ae-bc3a.jpg

aeea0231-57e6-e78b.jpg

Any info on rules and regulations for Washington would be great, also maybe a line on parts. Not sure if I will need any yet though. I do know it will need interior work, exhaust, lights, and possible a complete paint job, or just patches for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
WElcome to the group ! Do you know that in one of the pictures , there is a girl struck in the tracks ???:unsure:
Bunch of Smart SnowCat people on here and i am sure help is on the way .
Enjoy ,
BigAl

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like she already laid claim to it. He will be fixing it up for her to play in the snow. It looks like you got a good one to start out with.

Nate b

Ya I believe it's a pretty good. They where able to start it and run it up on the trailer n

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
welcome we have a few forum members who work up there with you got to admit pretty gals posing with snow cat's makes for a great pic.

Nate b

Thanks. She is pretty excited also. Suburban might just have to sit a little but more this winter than normal. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346644897.334265.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
after looking around the pretty womn i noticed that you may have to get that skidozer midiasized as it looks as if it may be missing about 4 inches of pipe at the bottom of the muffler on the plus side looks like a bit of nickle and dime work but otherwise appears solid . my poor old jeep has sat all summer on 4 flats the tires won't hold air any moore but i have some 33 1450's and a warn 8724 for it hoping top start on it tomorrow

Nate b

Nice. Ya the cat needs a little work some surface rust on the roof, interior is all rotted out, supposedly there's a rat or two living in it. But other than that not to bad.
evu9emam.jpg

9a2amyqe.jpg

I am definitely planning on putting a warn 8274 on the front maybe one on the rear to. But I have also been trying to find some info on installing a blade on the front of this machine that I bought but haven't been able to find any info on doing something like that. Does anyone have some ideas or a link to someone's build thread on this subject.

undy

I've got a 252 with an original front blade. When I got it, it had a different setup similar to a pickup blade with only a lift "up" function. The original also allows for a "down" function in addition to side-to-side and tilt functions.

I guess it would depend on what you want to be able to do with it. For just plowing snow, a lift-only setup might suffice.

The mount and blade are shown in the manual. The mount attaches in front and underneath where the front axles are attached to the frame.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
well i won't be sticking a winch on my snow trac first it never get's stuck secondly there is no krustys up here to tow back to the roads and thirdly the terrain here in nome are the same as up on the slope what are you going to hook to to tow your self out

Nate b

In Washington we have trees. But you can also use a winch to pull other people out say they slid off a side hill and it's too steep to just hook up and drive, a winch could come in handy.

Laurentian

Great deal and nice rig !
I would just cut the roof panel off and weld in new.
You could even do a sun roof while you are at it !
Does the girl have a single sister that likes cats ?
( both types : with tracks and those with claws )
HaHa

Last edited:

Nate b

Great deal and nice rig !
I would just cut the roof panel off and weld in new.
You could even do a sun roof while you are at it !
Does the girl have a single sister that likes cats ?
( both types : with tracks and those with claws )
HaHa

Not sure how I feel about a sun roof, the girl no she's the only one, but if I find any others in my travels I'll send them your way.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
In Washington we have trees. But you can also use a winch to pull other people out say they slid off a side hill and it's too steep to just hook up and drive, a winch could come in handy.
you are quite familiar with our conditions and about all i have to pull out along the trails are those mountain machines long tracks and deep paddles so i lust hook up a rope and go you should see their eyes pop out when the little snow track pulls them back out of the willows with out a struggle its also kind of funny to watch them step off the back and sink up to their waist when the machine os onlu sinking in to the snow several inches.

Nate b

Ya I can't wait to get this thing out, let alone just see it in person. The main reason for the winch will be some added security for the just in case I do get it stuck. I don't anyone in Ellensburg that has a cat to give me a hand or to go with yet so there will lots of trips by myself. My suburban will be able to get a long ways to me if in the event I need someone to run it up in the mountains just to pick me and the passengers up. If I can't fix something on the trail or happen to just plan bury it.

Laurentian

Not sure how I feel about a sun roof, the girl no she's the only one, but if I find any others in my travels I'll send them your way. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The sunroof is for Romantic outings with your better half on those clear moonlit nights !

Nate b

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347125459.560376.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347125515.599000.jpg

Got home did some looking around at it finally. Not that bad if shape so far. Runs and drives, shouldn't be a problem having her going by winter.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is good to hear. Maybe we can get together sometinme. I got my engine back in my snow trac yesterday.
the next forest service user meeting for the mt baker snoqulalmie forest is tuesday sept 11 in enumclaw. The ones that usually go are horse ,bike and snowmobile . I will be going . It is a good place to get the Correct answers on what areas you can use.
jim

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
welcome to FF....we also have plenty of rust and a rat or 2 kicking around so you should feel at home in no time:wink:

Nate b

Nice. What time is that meeting on the 11th. I have to be in bellingham by 1pm but if I can make that meeting I might just do that. Also, do older snowcats have titles, one guy I know that has a tucker and the guy my brother picked this up from said these older ones don't have a title.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no title on my 80 bombi and snow trac it may depend on the state it came from. I bought my bombi in idaho and snow trac in washington.
You will notice The trail posting on our side differ from the east side. I can run with the snowmobiles and have no problem. I have met forest service people and have given rides and hauled pd,park,sar and forest people on training missions and also not on trainning days.
One thing is the grooming of snowmobile trails. It is payed for by the snowmobile people and use of the groomed trails is frowned on unless you support it. I pay my share of grooming as well as other snow track owners on our west side by regestering our snow trac as vintage snow-mobile. My bombi also has a vintage snow-mobile licence on it.
meetings are at 7:30 at the forest service building in the rear of the main HQ.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no title on my 80 bombi and snow trac it may depend on the state it came from. I bought my bombi in idaho and snow trac in washington.
You will notice The trail posting on our side differ from the east side. I can run with the snowmobiles and have no problem. I have met forest service people and have given rides and hauled pd,park,sar and forest people on training missions and also not on trainning days.
One thing is the grooming of snowmobile trails. It is payed for by the snowmobile people and use of the groomed trails is frowned on unless you support it. I pay my share of grooming as well as other snow track owners on our west side by regestering our snow trac as vintage snow-mobile. My bombi also has a vintage snow-mobile licence on it.
meetings are at 7:30 at the forest service building in the rear of the main HQ.
I need to correct myself. The meeting starts at 7PM tonight not 7:30 like I posted. sorry,jim

Nate b

Got the interior gutted out. Now time to order some interior stuff and give it an update. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347992319.649382.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347992339.423220.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347992361.389576.jpg
Just about have the driveline brake all working again.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347992415.683723.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter