• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

first outing of an old tucker

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
turns out, the black tucker was sold new to alan darr of darr's ski shop of government camp oregon, he also owned multipor ski area at government camp, ore. they used the tucker to tow skiers from the ski shop to the ski area, my very good tucker friend scott, remembers being towed by this tucker when he was a mere child. when we pick up this tucker, he had a feeling about this one, ( sometimes, he thinks he is todd from gold rush,when we are out mining for tuckers ha ha ha ) he is now looking though family photos for pictures. great local history right in our back yard. more of the story to follow as we find pictures.

Last edited:
I'll I can say isWOW. That is a beautiful Tucker - never seen a ski cat with a "pick-up" style bed quite like yours. Love it - thanks for sharing the pictures.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
while working to remove non tucker parts from the "rust bucket tucker" found the original color, was yellow and here is a photo of what i believe to be this tucker in her early years

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJCoFH)t+uj)oBR-K)p2uhw~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqZHJCoFH)t+uj)oBR-K)p2uhw~~60_3.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
headed out for another trip to mt hood on thursday, both tuckers ready to go, will post photos. thanks guys

Attachments

• DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC_0071.jpg
    DSC_0071.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 229

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
back up at Timberline, great day, and ran into a bunch intense groomers, they were amazed with the Tuckers.

Attachments

• DSC_0058.jpg
    DSC_0058.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC_0118.jpg
    DSC_0118.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC_0270.jpg
    DSC_0270.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_0341.jpg
    DSC_0341.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC_0329.jpg
    DSC_0329.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 200

NorCal

Thanks for posting such great stories and pictures...Keep them coming!!
Looking forward to meeting you at the Jamboree
Chris

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, you have some pictures that have probably never been published before. Those are fantastic. The cat in the center must be within 1 or 2 off the floor (not assembly line yet?) from another I've seen pictures of. Wish I could see the front of the 420 Mr. Tucker Sr. (?) is in front of. Wonder what the front of that one looks like since it doesn't seem to be the traditional nose cone. Then again, it may just be the picture. It would also appear to be one of the first clad in Tucker 'Omaha Orange'.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey check out ski area management face book page, our tuckers made the cover shot for cutters camp that was at timberline ski area last week, we had a great time with the extreme groomers

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
found a couple photos of the black tucker ( the yard art find ) that was originally owned by Darr's Summit Ski Area of Government Camp Oregon, the photos are from about 1954. they were taken up at timbeline ski area.

Attachments

• img018.jpg
    img018.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 285
  • img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 283
  • img019.jpg
    img019.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 282

NorCal

Nice, You are the vintage photo archive master!!
Is that the same Tucker that drug Scott around when he was a youngster?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
found some pin up photos of the '49 Tucker.

Attachments

• DSC_0596.jpg
    DSC_0596.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC_0605.jpg
    DSC_0605.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC_0609.jpg
    DSC_0609.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC_0613.jpg
    DSC_0613.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC_0575.jpg
    DSC_0575.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 215

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will go for the pin up line, but it is not from the 40's or 50's, They did not have tattoos on their legs then!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Warren she is a hotty I may just have to get a tucker. now that we know where she is on the hot axis where does she stand on the crazy axis. See allen they have real chicks not cardboard cut outs.

AdkSnowcat

Those pin-up photos are great!!!! They are really fun!

I hope there will be more with those other Tuckers you have! I guess they are warm weather shots! Those outfits might not be so warm up there at Timberline Lodge!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
a Tucker in a Tucker, 3 rd generation and her dad built this very machine, real family history

Attachments

• DSC_0569.jpg
    DSC_0569.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 106