• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

'unfriended' on Facebook again

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So a college fencing coach started up a Facebook friendship with me because he is trying to recruit some of my better saber fencers.

He happened to post a photo on FB that I pointed out, politely, was actually not "artsy" but rather was desecration of natural habitat. He suggested that storms would return the stacked rocks to their natural habitat. He suggested I lighten up.

So I posted a Smithsonian Magazine article that backed up my positions, refuted his.

He 'unfriended' me.

And deleted my posts.

Very typical of liberal environmentalists who don't actually spend time in the woods but go visit a park 1 day a year to earn their bonafide nature lover participation awards. They demand the government protect the land while they go about defacing it. And yes, he is clearly a liberal and he proclaims to love nature.

Tolerance?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
That's why I just don't do facebook. Too many out there looking for a reason to be offended. Linda goes on to keep track of all our descendants.
Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I administer 3 different fencing related pages for 3 different groups. Plus I like to keep track of relatives. So I am on FB frequently.

I use FB messenger to communicate with some people because it is what they prefer. I prefer real text messages or a phone call.

But its pretty amazing how it becomes a liberal echo chamber for liberals and a conservative echo chamber for conservatives ... the algorithms they use tend to focus news that you prefer to your page. That may be one of the undoings of FB in the future?

But as I said in the title of this thread, I have been unfriended "again" and I have to say each & every time it happens its by a liberal when facts are injected into a conversation.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's why I just don't do facebook. Too many out there looking for a reason to be offended. Linda goes on to keep track of all our descendants.
Mike

Facebook can be fun and a source of photo's of my family. I simply pay no attention to the negative comments. Unless I respond, then they go away.

leadarrows

I don't give a rats ass who I offend. If you are offended by something I say I probably meant for you too be.

It's not that I don't have manners...I do...but I won't pull my punches in a debate. I won't pretend to agree with anyone if I know they are wrong. I will not go along to get along and I never have and never will.

I have lost 2 FB friends that way but hey you know what? ...They were not really friends evidently is the way I see it.

I don't hate anyone.... but I am sick of how many people are these days.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Some people seem to think that the number of "friends" you have on FB really means something important.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't give a rats ass who I offend. If you are offended by something I say I probably meant for you too be.

It's not that I don't have manners...I do...but I won't pull my punches in a debate. I won't pretend to agree with anyone if I know they are wrong. I will not go along to get along and I never have and never will.

I have lost 2 FB friends that way but hey you know what? ...They were not really friends evidently is the way I see it.

I don't hate anyone.... but I am sick of how many people are these days.

That is pretty much my logic too.

I've even warned people who asked to be my friend that they may read/see opinions that are factually based and not couched in politically correct terms.

But for the most part my FB page is pretty devoid of most politics. I just don't post that type of stuff. When I get into 'trouble' is if I reply to something one of my "friends" posted :yum:

It just amazes me how intolerant the tolerant lefties are. Being of a more libertarian train of thought I often piss off both conservatives and liberals on the same day, usually gaining some praise from one side and simultaneous contempt from the other.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I try to avoid all the drama on Facebook. I go on there but rarely see anything worth getting upset over.

A while back when the natives where protesting the keystone pipeline the local natives here thought it would be perfectly legal to block all major arteries here in a city of 110000 people at lunchtime causing major traffic jams. I was unaware of the blockade and found myself stuck in a looooong line up. It made me miss a medical appointment I had booked for months. I came home pissed. I normally don't share anger on Facebook but that day I turned on my computer and saw an article about the blockade. I instinctively responded that thanks to the blockade I missed an important medical appointment and if it was anyone else who tried blocking the roads and shutting the city down they would be hauled off to jail. Several coworkers sent me private messages asking me to remove that comment because it was insensitive to the native population. I don't give a f--k who I offend. Make me miss a medical appointment and we're going to have words.

Since then I removed myself from basically all of the specialized groups on there and don't bother sharing any opinions on anything. Some people just get their panties in a bunch over everything.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, it almost seems like they look for ways to be offended

Exactly, they are pussies, wimps and totally worthless in my opinion. They have no comprehension what hard times are or what it means to deal with adversity.

My parents both grew up poor during the depression. My Dad was so poor he carried his lunch wrapped in old newspaper found in the trash to wrap his one lard sandwich. You read right. A Lard Sandwich. Many times he had to fight others to keep it. That may have been his only food for the day, unless he could find some work down on the docks on a fishing boat for a Cod or Haddock. He was 12 years old, fatherless with a sick mother. It wasn't until 1939 did he find work in the Boston shipyard working on Royal Navy ships damaged during the Battle of the Atlantic.

Easily offended my fucking ass. These cack sackers have no comprehension what life can throw at somebody. I have no use for them. I wish they would just all move away to some island somewhere and set up their own land. They could call it Pussyville.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't be unfriended on Facebook. I don't have a Facebook page and don't intend to set one up.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I get unfriended every time I wear my Re-Elect Trump 2020 T-shirt. Should have seen the evil eye stares I got today at the supermarket but not one of those snowflakes said a word. :whistling:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't be unfriended on Facebook. I don't have a Facebook page and don't intend to set one up.

I never intended to set one up but we needed a way to communicate with our high school fencers so I got 'volunteered' to administer a team page.

Then I got 'volunteered' to administer a page for the local fencing club.

So I ended up on FB for those 2 pages and found a lot of relatives, and even found out we have a FB group page that is just for my mom's side of the family (12 brothers/sisters & their kids & grandkids & great grandkids)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It is good for that. This week when my aunt had a health scare and was in the hospital, we set up a private chat group on facebook to keep all family members updated so everyone was on the same page. They did the same thing when I was in the hospital. So it's nice for that.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Mike

That's how it is in our family too. My wife goes on to keep track of the kids and grandkids but posts very seldom. Me??? Not interested. She tells me everything I need to know. After almost 40 years it gets like that. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

:yum:
I do have it Jerry, but rarely go there.
Got my kids and eldest granddaughter on there, some gals I went to school with and some co-workers.
What bugs me is when someone you don't even know gets tagged or whatever they call it on your page of new posts.
I'm like who the hell ARE these people??? ... then note a comment (or like) above it.

All in all, a quick log in then out again.

It's not worth the time when I see these people often and know the same things they talk about anyhow.

leadarrows

I have a lot of friends in different states who I am able to chat with and share pictures with who I might not otherwise be able to keep in touch with. It's not like the phone where both people have to be available at the same time.

I even found a dead friend....I had been told he was dead anyway....imagine my surprise when he friended me....lol