• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chickens....

duflochy

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I sold all my flock of backyard chickens back in August......I needed a vacation....I went to Washington to see my 32 year old Grandson....I also wanted to see the SR 71 airplane....Now that I'm over all that I got more chickens today....Found out store bought eggs are AWFUL......

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're talking about getting chickens if we get another house. Our next place is going to be just outside of the city limits where we can have a bigger garden.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
fresh eggs are good. I sat in a sr71 cockpit in seattle at the flight museum.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
That Seattle flight museum was surprisingly good (I generally don't like museums). The kids enjoyed it.

I like my chickens but I need to expand and build a better hen house. The flock has developed some civil unrest these days and are fighting between each other (The rooster isn't keeping the hens in line). Egg productivity is way down.

Might be time to start fresh in the spring with some new birds but I really just need to find time to build a much bigger coop and fenced in enclosure so they have more space to get away from each other. Too many predators around here to let them roam free unfortunately - that would be my preference - they are great at bug control.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I flew alaskia out of settle to Kodiak with a chicken. long story but passed it thru security with my pocket change. everyone enjoyed it.
things you do when your 20.
jim

loboloco

If you can tolerate a period of little or no egg production (usually in winter months) a good breed to get is the auracana or americana. Both of these breeds lay colored eggs and are often called easter egg chickens.

FTG-05

I sold all my flock of backyard chickens back in August......I needed a vacation....I went to Washington to see my 32 year old Grandson....I also wanted to see the SR 71 airplane....Now that I'm over all that I got more chickens today....Found out store bought eggs are AWFUL......

Where did you go in WA state where there is a SR-71???

Because, you know, there are no SR-71's in WA state.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Where did you go in WA state where there is a SR-71???

Because, you know, there are no SR-71's in WA state.

I believe it's at the Museum of Flight at the Seattle Airport.

Jim

Last edited: