• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2018 Event Schedule

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
early Friday at the hotel a fire alarm went off and trucks were called. at 4 am i walked out to the lobby and two firemen with tanks and helmets ,axes were coming in the door.
an alarm in the pool room went off from high humidity they said.
DSC02449.jpg

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
early Friday at the hotel a fire alarm went off and trucks were called. at 4 am i walked out to the lobby and two firemen with tanks and helmets ,axes were coming in the door.
an alarm in the pool room went off from high humidity they said.
DSC02449.jpg
Didn't that hotel catch fire last year too? Everyone was evacuated??

vintagebike

Thanks Archmage, that’s perfect to include in the donation package to McPaws. The hotel that caught fire was down the street towards downtown McCall. They spent most of the summer closed but got a full remodel in the process. Now called The 3rd St Inn.

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Can't be too careful out there.

:ohmy: http://www.kboi.com/2018/03/01/girl-injured-in-snowcat-accident-near-brundage/#.Wph2VkYPsJg.facebook

A 14-year-old girl on a snowcat back country trip near Brundage Mountain was injured after she was run over by a snowcat.

The Valley County Sheriff’s Office says they received a 911 call on Monday morning about the accident.

The girl was conscious and breathing at the time when the call came in. She was later treated in the field and airlifted from Brundage Reservoir to St. Alphonsus in Boise. It’s unclear the severity of her injuries.

Brundage Mountain says another person on Monday was also injured, but details of that incident were not immediately available.

KBOI-2-TV reports, Brundage officials released a statement, which says: “Members of the Brundage Mountain team are in communication with the guests and are sending our best wishes for their speedy recovery.”

vintagebike

Still waiting (or did I miss them) for the drone vids of McCallin' from the Great White North by the Big, Black Tucker Cat. :weneedpic

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
look for mccallin all cats on you tube.
jim

Last edited:

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2018 Event Schedule , now for 2019!

Looks like there may be a lot more Snow Cat Adventures next year so it's probably best to start planning way early. So... McCallin' All Cats 2019 is a go for Monday February 18 thru Thursday February 21. There are secret talks
(well, not secret anymore) of a possible Forrest Service approved extra Friday day trip out to Burgdorf Hot Springs
for even the Big Cats. :walking gator:

vintagebike

McCallin' Beer Report

The North Fork Lager barely made it out of the Jug Mountain lunch and was almost gone before the dinner. After Wellington there was a gallon left of the Angry Orchard Cider and 1/2 a gallon of the Lemon Ginger Hefeweizen. The marketing rep for the beer distributor said the lager was VERY close in taste and build to guess what? Coors Banquet Lager. Maybe next time we'll bring it all in from good ol' Golden, Colorado. :beer:

vintagebike

Looking forward to 2019

Well, my Spring Break in California will be over soon then back to the snowy Idaho mountains. Just a little more than a year to get ready for McCallin’ All Cats 2019.:clap: Bigger and better than ever with a slightly different all inclusive event package covering most everything but the lodging. Hope to make it for rich and less rich, cat equipped and cat deprived and for the young, the old and to include most of us- the ageless. :applause: Monday February 18 to Thursday February 21, 2019.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
orignal Zoe A. art work...

drawing of McCall jamboree gathering, great vintage look, and highly collectable young artist

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_119.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_119.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 296

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hey Steve, mr vintage bike,

how about using a young artist's work as the poster for next years McCall gathering poster?

maybe even open it up to all young sno-cat artist and have them submit a drawing and select one to be the poster?

mikemikelle

There is more attention to detail in that cab forward artwork than many actual restorations.
Awesome!! Notice the stacks, suicide doors, and probably the growser count....but I can't count that high

vintagebike

I had thought to go outside of the Tucker world for the 2019 poster so here is a start. Seeing those little Swedish bugs bounding over the fresh powder at Wellington/Tripod Meadows was fantastic.
60CAFB49-1D3D-4AB3-A7E7-0FEC3989B525.jpeg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
when we got going about 15 mph and hit a bump our front went under and we seemed to drive under it . our cooling air intake and wipers were tested good.
video was made but we haven't got it yet.
20180224_124831.jpg

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Just curious. Was there some sort of restrictions by the Forest Service on snow cat size at the McCall event? :unsure:

Aaron Tucker

2000 lb weight limit on groomed trails and no access to ungroomed stuff

cough cough this doesn't happen in Colorado I guess you could say we are alittle more laid back. Snowcats can go anywhere a snowmobile can go in CO."Trails we don't need no stinking trails where we are going.:bolt:

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2018 moving to 2019 soon

Soon will be shifting over to a new McCallin' All Cats 2019 thread. But till then i have been thinking of having maybe one or two of the evenings next year devoted to pro lead "how-to" sessions at the newly heated McCall shop for things like mig and tig tips, water vapor blasting, track maintiance and other 'giving your cat nine more lives' advice. More ideas?:idea: