• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sci-Fi & Comic Book legend STAN LEE has died

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sad news for those of us who like Marvel Superheroes, comics, and generally the science fiction genre.

Stan Lee is dead at the age of 95.

Lee has had cameos in many movies and TV shows, was a creative genius behind some of the super hero characters we grew up with. Sad to hear of his passing.

FULL STORY AT LINK >>> https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/stan-lee-legendary-marvel-superheroes-creator-dead-at-95

Stan Lee, the comic book mastermind who changed the landscape of the superhero genre by creating countless beloved characters, has died. Lee was 95.

The Lee family attorney confirmed the Marvel giant's death but did provide further information on the comic book legend's death...

Lee's daughter, J.C. Lee, told TMZ, "My father loved all of his fans. He was the greatest, most decent man."

Lee is most well-known as the creator of several comic book characters such as Spider-Man, Black Panther, The Avengers, X-Men and many more. He started the mammoth Marvel Comics giant with Jack Kirby in 1961. Since then he’s not only continued to promote the brand but appeared in cameos throughout all the film and TV projects for which his characters have been used.

Lee’s death falls on Veterans Day, which is fitting as he served in World War II with the U.S. Army Signal Corps from 1942 to 1945. Lee reportedly enlisted in the military shortly after hearing about the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I became a fan of Stan Lee many decades ago. I had an uncle who bought all the comics of the time when I was 11 or so. I so enjoyed our once month visits to there house as I could delve into all the comics. It was so awesome.

RIP Mr. Stan Lee. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us all!!!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Stan Lee was the best. I was more of a DC comics fan growing up, but Stan Lee was in a league of his own. RIP, Mr. Lee.