• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

50 Years Ago I Surrendered.....

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
…..To the love of my life.

She was my Christmas present in 1967. She stalked me for months and I gave in May 10th 1968.

Today my wife and I celebrate the completion of 50 years of marriage.

This morning she awoke to a dozen long stemmed yellow roses. Typical of my usual anniversary memento. Our wedding was decorated with yellow roses. I buy them all the time, no big deal.

But today,,,; Yellow rose petals were everywhere. Her morning coffee, on her phone, and on the floor.

I also included two cards, one with fresh yellow rose buds from some climbers I bought for our garden arbor. I found those for her last week. Those go in the ground this weekend.

Tonight we will celebrate at a small intimate restaurant in Old St. Charles MO. As it happens, my nephew plays the piano bar there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinking you're a rare and wonderful gentleman, Francis.
Your wife is one lucky lady.
That's beautiful.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Franc to both you and your wife. That is awesome. :dancing: :thewave:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinking you're a rare and wonderful gentleman, Francis.
Your wife is one lucky lady.
That's beautiful.

Actually, I'm a bit of an ass. So, I'm the lucky one. She really did stalk me. I resisted. A completely futile effort as I was lost from the first moment. Still happens when I see her. Every :clap:time.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
…..To the love of my life.

She was my Christmas present in 1967. She stalked me for months and I gave in May 10th 1968.

Today my wife and I celebrate the completion of 50 years of marriage.

This morning she awoke to a dozen long stemmed yellow roses. Typical of my usual anniversary memento. Our wedding was decorated with yellow roses. I buy them all the time, no big deal.

But today,,,; Yellow rose petals were everywhere. Her morning coffee, on her phone, and on the floor.

I also included two cards, one with fresh yellow rose buds from some climbers I bought for our garden arbor. I found those for her last week. Those go in the ground this weekend.

Tonight we will celebrate at a small intimate restaurant in Old St. Charles MO. As it happens, my nephew plays the piano bar there.

That was the most romantic posts I think I have ever read. Now we've seen it delete it before my wife reads it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
After our evening dinner we came home and sat on the back patio with a nice fire. We watched a cardinal male and female with brand new chicks in the nest while we had coffees.

The smells of honey suckle and American Holly in the air with a little wood smoke. Sun went down, solar lights came on. Birds bedded down and we just watch the fire burn low.

It's been a lot of work but worth it. A good life together so far. Our plans are to just keep trying to make it work.