• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

President Trump Pardons Scooter Libby.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Guess not.
Okay I'll bite.
This, and yet I really, REALLY wonder.
:confused2:

Attachments

• 20180413_153112.png
    20180413_153112.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 30

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The President pardoned him without even knowing who he is???
That's what the newsies are saying.
If so.. wth?

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The President pardoned him without even knowing who he is???
That's what the newsies are saying.
If so.. wth?

Typical distortion, “Fake News”. :hammer:

The White House included a quote from Trump: “I don’t know Mr. Libby, but for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.”

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/trump-pardons-scooter-libby-rectify-sad-portion-life/

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Theres a huge difference in saying “he doesn’t know him” and saying “he doesn’t know who he is.”

Yes, interesting timing. But everything happening now is political or will be called political by one side or another.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be frank and honest, Scooter has my RESPECT. He stood by his principles even when threatened with prison.

He was framed by a witness that later recanted her testimony.

Tthe District of Columbia Court of Appeals unanimously reinstated Mr. Libby to the bar, reauthorizing him to practice law.

The court agreed with the District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel, who stated that Mr. Libby had presented 'credible evidence' in support of his innocence, including evidence that a key prosecution witness had 'changed her recollection of the events in question.'”

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll be frank and honest, Scooter has my RESPECT. He stood by his principles even when threatened with prison.

He was framed by a witness that later recanted her testimony.

Tthe District of Columbia Court of Appeals unanimously reinstated Mr. Libby to the bar, reauthorizing him to practice law.

The court agreed with the District of Columbia Disciplinary Counsel, who stated that Mr. Libby had presented 'credible evidence' in support of his innocence, including evidence that a key prosecution witness had 'changed her recollection of the events in question.'”
I agree and will go so far as to suggest he was the scapegoat for VP Cheney.