• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking for a Cheesecake Recipe

Looking for an easy to do Cheesecake recipe. I know there's a lot online but I want one that is tried and tested. Will greatly appreciate it, thanks!

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I've used these in a pinch when I needed a fast dessert, they're not bad.

l_jello_no_bake_cheese_cake.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Not only a really good recipe, but a video tutorial to go along with it as well.

When I'm looking for something new, I like to see if Alton Brown has done a video on it. Not only does he have great recipes, but I learn things from him that carry over to other baking and cooking recipes. He's a little geeky & goofy, but he knows his way around food, and is a good teacher.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sour-cream-cheesecake-recipe.html

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder if a spring form pan can be used on this recipe instead of a regular pan and parchment paper. Not sure if they are water tight for the water bath though. Gonna have to experiment on that. That's a good recipe. :biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Alton doesn't usually steer folks wrong. if he says springform pans leak in a water bath, you can take it to the bank. I have a nest of the solid pans in a lot of sizes, so I would go that route. I always have parchment paper in the pantry, so that's not an issue for me.

Lifeguard

You want an easy cheesecake recipe? It doesn't get any easier than this, and it turns out so good too. Take a full tub of cool whip, combine it with a block of cream cheese and a jar of nutella. Blend it all together until smooth and pour into a prepared oreo or chocolate graham crumb pie shell. I usually grate some milk chocolate on top and then chill for several hours. It'll surprise you how good it is!!

Lifeguard

You want an easy cheesecake recipe? It doesn't get any easier than this, and it turns out so good too. Take a full tub of cool whip, combine it with a block of cream cheese and a jar of nutella. Blend it all together until smooth and pour into a prepared oreo or chocolate graham crumb pie shell. I usually grate some milk chocolate on top and then chill for several hours. It'll surprise you how good it is!!

Oops, I made a mistake, it should be two blocks of cream cheese, not just one.