• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cheeseburger Society

Umberto

I've made the Sheboygan and it's excellent but some of the burgers are hard to do due to finding the correct bread and cheese products. We have a fair burger out here with lots of grilled onions - mine are pan fried in butter and bacon grease. :beer:

http://www.cheeseandburger.com/

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thurman's in Columbus Ohio has a GREAT burger. The Thurmanburger made it on "Man Vs Food". I had lived in Columbus, but never been to Thurman's, it was always way to busy and I never wanted to fight the crowd. After seeing it on "Man Vs Food" I made the special effort to get there and try it for myself. Mmmm Mmmm good. Best burger I've ever had. Super awesome. Now they also have the thrumanator. Haven't tried it but I bet it kicks butt. http://thethurmancafe.com/

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yakima has the Miner Burger. I wasn't impressed but the thing was huge.

Yep, bigger is not necessarly better. What town is Yakima in? In the case of the thurman burger it is big, and it is GREAT. You have to smash it to get your mouth around it.

Attachments

• ThurmanBurger.jpg
    ThurmanBurger.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 167

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, bigger is not necessarly better. What town is Yakima in? In the case of the thurman burger it is big, and it is GREAT. You have to smash it to get your mouth around it.
Washington state.

Umberto

Washington state.

Yakima is a town in WA state, the Palm Springs of the West... :) I go quail hunting east of there and it's where most go the apples and cherries are grown in WA as well as wine country. It's where I go for to tomatoes and peaches as well.

It's known for the Yakima Indian Reservation, too. It's where I hunt.

Umberto

Last night went to Bob's for a burger and had the blue cheese burger with add on bacon. They give one more french fries than one should eat but, man, are they good.

IMG_3516.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mmmm those sure look GREAT Umberto. :thumb: Good find.

Last time we made burgers we had some sausage left over from spaghetti sause a few days prior. (I had only used 1/2 the tube). So I mixed the last half of the tube with a pound and 1/2 of hamburger. Made em into patties. Dabbed a little melted butter on them, salt and peppered them and WOW were they ever tasty. Will make them again this way for sure.
I believe it was Mama on NCT who suggested butter on burgers. I had never heard of it before but tried it and it's a keeper.

Umberto

Tonight will be mushroom burgers with the bourbon sauce. The fries will be on the side but there will be no bacon. :sad:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Thurman's in Columbus Ohio has a GREAT burger. The Thurmanburger made it on "Man Vs Food". I had lived in Columbus, but never been to Thurman's, it was always way to busy and I never wanted to fight the crowd. After seeing it on "Man Vs Food" I made the special effort to get there and try it for myself. Mmmm Mmmm good. Best burger I've ever had. Super awesome. Now they also have the thrumanator. Haven't tried it but I bet it kicks butt. http://thethurmancafe.com/
I've eaten there a couple of times on my way to Cinci or to Lake Hope in your neck of the woods. Damn good burgers.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll confess - I had to go north to Rochester today to look for a hood for the new kitchen. Kept passing White Castles. Had to stop. The taste buds were boiling. 3 double cheeseburgers and a diet coke. A true culinary delight
Now I'll be passing White Castles, except converted from a solid right to a gas. Sublimation at its best.

Umberto

I've never had a White Castle and never will.

It got rainy, cold, and windy so bagged grilling and am making sloppy joes. :neutral:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Made em into patties. Dabbed a little melted butter on them, salt and peppered them and WOW were they ever tasty. Will make them again this way for sure.
I believe it was Mama on NCT who suggested butter on burgers. I had never heard of it before but tried it and it's a keeper.

I mentioned the beef burgers with butter on the cooking forum as well as here before.
The recipe is in the old Fannie Farmer cookbook, and it's really not a recipe per se.
I like to do them that way, with also a splash of Worcestershire at the end.

Umberto

Last evening a cold front and rain moved in so just made sloppy joes. The yellow mustard was a nice touch. Thanks.

After I took the picture doused my fries with white vinegar and the bottom of the bun got so wet I had to deconstruct it and eat it with a fork. LOL

FullSizeRender%202_3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]