• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Favorite beers

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I did a quick search, and couldn't find a thread where this is discussed (but I have been wrong before ....), so here goes.

For thick and chewy, I prefer a good porter. Fuller's English Porter is pretty darn good, but Cleveland, Ohio's Great Lakes Brewery has a wonderful porter too: Edmund Fitzgerald. Great coffee flavors in that one. Breckenridge also makes a nifty vanilla porter. It kinda throws you for a loop (both during and after).

As for imports, I love Negra Modelo. A good, chocolatey Vienna Lager, and much more substantial than Dos Equiis Amber (which is pretty good in its own right).

On the lighter side, I've just recently acquired a taste for two from Leinenkugel in Wisconsin.

The Sunset Wheat has good flavor that has kind of a blueberry finish. And I don't usually like the Hefeweizen Bier.

The Summer Shandy seems to be Leinenkugel's impression of Blue Moon. But I like it better. The Summer Shandy doen't have a syrup-like texture like Blue Moon, but is crisp and refreshing.

As for IPA's and other pale ales, talk about bitter beer face! Keep 'em. Hoppy does not make me happy.

I'd love to read what the other FF beer drinkers prefer and why.:clap:

snow dog

I like Moose Drool

Attachments

• moosedr.jpg
    moosedr.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 174

Ironman

The Summer Shandy seems to be Leinenkugel's impression of Blue Moon. But I like it better. The Summer Shandy doen't have a syrup-like texture like Blue Moon, but is crisp and refreshing.

I'd love to read what the other FF beer drinkers prefer and why.:clap:

I would have to say Summer Shandy on tap was the best beer I ever had. Nothing better on a hot summer day (back when I used to indulge in fermented beverages).

Spotted Cow was another great summertime beer. I think Murph likes that stuff too.

21jsoeb.jpg

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the beers from Ommegang, Belgian style brews from Cooperstown, N.Y.
They make 5 or so on a regular basis, along with specials and seasonals. This was their Christmas 10 gift pack. Rare Vos is probably my favorite, but all are good.

Attachments

• ommegang.jpg
    ommegang.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 164

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
They make 5 or so on a regular basis, along with specials and seasonals. This was their Christmas 10 gift pack. Rare Vos is probably my favorite, but all are good.

I'm not sure how I feel about Belgian brews. I tried Leute, and it was almost like wine, so no me gusta. The lambics are ok, but a bit too sweet unless it's summer time. Stella Artois is pretty good, but I don't crave it. It's what I order if they don't have anything else I might crave or want to try.

What's the Rare Vos like?

Where do you get it at? Online? I was just in Cooperstown but only for 2 days so I didn't look into going to a brewery.

OK, just looked at the site. Interesting. Thanks!

http://www.ommegang.com/index.php

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not sure how I feel about Belgian brews. I tried Leute, and it was almost like wine, so no me gusta. The lambics are ok, but a bit too sweet unless it's summer time. Stella Artois is pretty good, but I don't crave it. It's what I order if they don't have anything else I might crave or want to try.

What's the Rare Vos like?
Rare Vos is pretty typical Belgium. Light but lots of flavor, touch of citrus. These are sipping beers. My only problem is that they come only in large bottles, and are too much for me at one sitting.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Rare Vos is pretty typical Belgium. Light but lots of flavor, touch of citrus. These are sipping beers. My only problem is that they come only in large bottles, and are too much for me at one sitting.

Yup, same with Leute.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Where do you get it at? Online? I was just in Cooperstown but only for 2 days so I didn't look into going to a brewery.

OK, just looked at the site. Interesting. Thanks!

http://www.ommegang.com/index.php
They are fairly available around here in stores that carry a good inventory of beers. I don't know where you live, but Total Beverage has them here, along with other beer and wine stores.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Sam Adams double bock (only available a short while each year)

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale

They are fairly available around here in stores that carry a good inventory of beers. I don't know where you live, but Total Beverage has them here, along with other beer and wine stores.

I'm in New Jersey. I'll check the liquor stores here next time I go beer buying. Thanks.:smile:

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I've been drinkin some of this lately,its not bad for the money.

Attachments

• BEER.jpg
    BEER.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 154

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Not much of a beer drinker..Like sam adams wheat beer now and then.....My grand father made a wheat beer that was real good with a strong nutty flavor..wish I had the formula for it....long gone.......he also made a whisky out of wheat......was not for the use of youngens..I found out the hard way.....thought I would never start breathing again!!!!!!!

I usually just drink Sam Adams Light. Gotta watch the girlish figure. But I do like to try something totally different now and then. A lot of good brews on here guys.

SShepherd

mmmmm...beer

I'm still searching for it, the one where you take a sip...light shines down from heaven and angels sing.

I like bitburger and warsteiner for casual drinking, but I've been brewing my own trying to come up to a mix of the 2.
I should take some pics:smile:

mak2

Dogfish head 90 minute. Love it, but 2 of them call a ride.

I like boddingtons to sit around and drink on special occassions.

I generally drink Miller Light around the house.

When my guts are on fire I drink Bud.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm with you on this, Jimbo. I like the Hennepin and the Rare Vos.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tecate, St. Pauli Girl, Bud Light, Moosehead.
I generally drink Hornsby's cider when I do drink anything with alcohol, or mix it with the Bud to make snake bites.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with you on this, Jimbo. I like the Hennepin and the Rare Vos.
I have never tried any of those. I'm far from a connoisseur but I know what I like. Last night I had a couple 22oz glasses of Blue Moon. I liked that. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up a case of these while in Canada. Not available here in Ohio. I could have gotten 2 cases, wish I would have, it's running out.

Attachments

• Fav.jpg
    Fav.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 137

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm planning a trip in the general direction of Boulder, Co sometime before the snow flies. With no itinerary, no time table, and no plans, I figure I'll go where the wind takes me. I want to see the west side of the continental divide (the Sangre de Cristos), which is about the only place in the Rockies I have not been.

Leave the light on for me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm planning a trip in the general direction of Boulder, Co sometime before the snow flies. With no itinerary, no time table, and no plans, I figure I'll go where the wind takes me. I want to see the west side of the continental divide (the Sangre de Cristos), which is about the only place in the Rockies I have not been.

Leave the light on for me.

Course I will Jimbo.
I like meeting peeps from the forums.
:flowers: