• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hows about a new fun game in investing??

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I tried that (bought $1K in beer and turned in the cans). Unfortunately, it's only about $20 in cans. Still better then a lot of investments and it was fun watching my investment grow or shrink while my belly grew.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I tried that (bought $1K in beer and turned in the cans). Unfortunately, it's only about $20 in cans. Still better then a lot of investments and it was fun watching my investment grow or shrink while my belly grew.
So are you saying you pissed your money away?:whistling::yum::yum:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Dave,

I was looking at the spreadsheet. Why does column G have formulas for some (which appear to be what it should be) but straight out dollar amounts (original purchase price?) for others?
E.g.
G2 = $99997.38
G3 = F3*41.17

EDIT TO ADD: I looked closer and it's not used so I guess it's irrelevant.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Dave,

I was looking at the spreadsheet. Why does column G have formulas for some (which appear to be what it should be) but straight out dollar amounts (original purchase price?) for others?
E.g.
G2 = $99997.38
G3 = F3*41.17

EDIT TO ADD: I looked closer and it's not used so I guess it's irrelevant.

There are three rows that have a formula in column G. Mine, tsaw and Cowboy. The others I entered manually before I figured out how to make everything dynamic.

That value is used to calculate the gain, but it doesn't ever change, so like you said, it's pretty much irrelevant.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey.. Lots of green today!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 173

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting how all of us had 1,000,000 combined total to play with, and the grand total gain is 30 something grand.:yum::yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Wait !!!! I been getting dividends !!!!! Where's my money !!!

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh Al.. you are in the red.. But them dividends sure must feel nice.:whistling:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Well done AL. If I ever win the lottery - I'm gonna be looking for your advice.:flowers:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
15% gain in silver bullion in only eight weeks. Normally, I would capture some of the profit at this point by selling some, but I believe this is a buy and hold contest.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't find our original game, maybe a year or two ago? I'd like to see how we all stand now in that game.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I actually planned to lose money to offset my tax liability on my other gains .:biggrin:

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
I actually planned to lose money to offset my tax liability on my other gains .:biggrin:

This is why I play Blackjack at church festivals. Double dip deduction: gambling losses AND charitable donations.:whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Wait a minute. There has to be something wrong there. I'm not that lucky ... or good.

Oh, I see what it is ... big Wall Street money manipulating the market. Buy lots of it at a depressed price, drive the price up, dump it before anyone notices what's going on.

I was really kicking ass when it went to 80 cents a share. It's on it's way back down once all the profit takers got out. Hopefully it'll settle at something higher than the 35¢ a share that I paid for it.

Ironman

Oh, I see what it is ... big Wall Street money manipulating the market. Buy lots of it at a depressed price, drive the price up, dump it before anyone notices what's going on.

I was really kicking ass when it went to 80 cents a share. It's on it's way back down once all the profit takers got out. Hopefully it'll settle at something higher than the 35¢ a share that I paid for it.
ETFrank - you are a finacial wizard! You dam near doubled your money.

Now you can afford a real truck for that new trailer. :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4bJsIogkGk"]YouTube - Ferd F-teenthousand Truck Commercial (high definition)[/ame]

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter

You are a financial wizard! Congrats. Amazing pick and results!

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just checked my 401k and I should pick their stock!!!
I'm doing better here than they are.:glare:

tom

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I just checked. It's on it's way back down but seems to have leveled off. I'm still up about $60K. Not bad, not bad at all. There's still a long way to go though.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Now you can afford a real truck for that new trailer. :cool:

YouTube - Ferd F-teenthousand Truck Commercial (high definition)

Sorry about the double post but I just noticed Ironman's comment. :biggrin::biggrin:

I pulled the trailer with the ol' F350 last week and it did pretty good. I pulled it back to the dealer to have some warranty work done after our one week shakedown. I'm now making plans for some short trips to get more familiar with it when we get it back. $60K will just about buy the new F550 I just built on the Ford website. :yum::yum::yum: I don't think I'm going to slip that past the missus.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I just checked. It's on it's way back down but seems to have leveled off. I'm still up about $60K. Not bad, not bad at all. There's still a long way to go though.

Shoulda sold! :yum:

Now we gotta do something about that lazy Zoomer dragging down our average. :hammer:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now we gotta do something about that lazy Zoomer dragging down our average. :hammer:
I guess the general population hasn't yet realized the likelihood of a SHTF situation. Once they do, they'll be buying up tons of P&G products (i.e. toilet paper) to get them through.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess the general population hasn't yet realized the likelihood of a SHTF situation. Once they do, they'll be buying up tons of P&G products (i.e. toilet paper) to get them through.

I though the PG was your choice because of the BS coming out of Washington!:yum:

and needed to clean up.

tom

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
CB came in late - dominated for a while and now is in the red. WOW