• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

new member.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome. You sound like me. I love the outdoors and also play the acoustic guitar. I currently have 5 acoustics and one electric at home. I also play every saturday in a simple band. What types of music do you play?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Howdy and welcome.

In the 12" of Snow thread I asked you some questions about your location. Didn't see that you started this thread.

I've got a sister living in London and a friend who lives in Wales. My wife's family originally came from Scotland (southeastern near the English border) a few generations ago. We travel there about every other year and tend to stay for 3 to 5 weeks.

We are planning to walk the Hadrian's Wall national trail this year. Originally planned for doing it in June, but now its looking like September is more likely.

taffboy

Love the blues you play in a band that's a high then .I got 2electric 1acoustic 50year old Yamaha 1classical bought from a charity shop .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, not actually a band. Usually two or three of us on guitars, someone on tambourine, ocassionally someone playing flute. Three of us singing. We're just getting started. We've done it for close to 2 months already. It's a worship team at the church we attend.

Personally at home, I'll play anything from country to metal. No particular preference. I just play what ever I'm in the mood to play.

Just looking into mixers now and what I'd need for a decent setup to be able to mix 3 mics, two guitars together into one system.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome bro'.

I escaped from the Old Country in 1985 to settle in Texas. Still got kids, grandkids and a great grandbaby living in the North-East of Scotland. We usually go back every 2 or 3 years and they all come over here in between our visits. We're all going to meet up in Orlando this summer. Should be fun in more ways than one.

Hope you stick around. Another non-US opinion is always welcome. From your name I assume that you're Welsh???

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

As for playing music, I know how to turn on the stereo. ;)

taffboy

Welcome bro'.

I escaped from the Old Country in 1985 to settle in Texas. Still got kids, grandkids and a great grandbaby living in the North-East of Scotland. We usually go back every 2 or 3 years and they all come over here in between our visits. We're all going to meet up in Orlando this summer. Should be fun in more ways than one.

Hope you stick around. Another non-US opinion is always welcome. From your name I assume that you're Welsh???
Yea you got it in one .Nothing changes over here still getting ripped off by which ever goverment that's in .Weather not bad at the moment but it's Bank holiday weekend so that mite change .Good to know you made the right move .