• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PUCO + Dept. of Commerce + Time Warner = High Speed Internet

jwstewar

I cheated. :tongue: I was at work too. The air card at home won't do much. It is probably even slower than yours. Once we get back in the house we will go back to DSL, but it'll probably be around a meg.

jwstewar

You know, the more I'm thinking about this, I wonder if I should try this. Cable runs down Rt. 50, we are on the corner of Rt. 50, but our address isn't Rt. 50. The neighbors that adjoin our property (up a bit of a hill) have cable, but they won't service us. Adelphia (at that time) said we could get it, but it would cost us 8k.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The thing that helped me is that I am for sure inside their service area. Our house sits way back off the road, and we have our own telephone pole in the yard that is about 200ft from the neighbors telephone pole. They'll need to make that run, but since we are inside the serviceable area they are going to take care of us.
Adelphia used to be the carrier here also. Time Warner bought them out a year or two ago. Maybe it's TW for you too. Call and ask for service is the 1st step in the process.

jwstewar

I've done the request service things a few times. I do it every year or so. The worst part is, my sister used to even work for Adelphia and they wouldn't do it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
bump!

there is where I was in April vs now with the Turbo Powerboost

Attachments

• results1.JPG
    results1.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 103
  • test r.JPG
    test r.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter

Mine today from work. Will try and check it tonight from home, but no sure what time we will get there....

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My standard Roadrunner is giving me about the same speeds as you had before the upgrade.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah.. I know.. could speed it up for more $$$ some of us are in the sticks on satellite....

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's my Internet connection and speed from Monday. I have to put one of these in each day for the next week or so before I can get Internet access since there isn't anything else available in the southeast corner of MT.

Attachments

• PB160054.JPG
    PB160054.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 83
  • wbst.JPG
    wbst.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 84

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
DSL from Windstream, too far out in the sticks to get the 3meg upgrade and no cable.