• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SOLD: Snow Trac ST4

94farmer

This ST4 is apparently a 1958 according to the ID Plate on the back of the Snow Trac. It is located in Klamath Falls, Oregon. It would be a restoration project. It appears to be mostly complete. The tracks were removed for transporting on a car trailer. Originally there must have been a canvas panel in the center of the roof. It probably rotted away a long time ago. There is currently a loose sheet of plywood covering the hole. I have enclosed 6 photos to provide a better idea of the Snow Tracs condition. I do know that the engine ran roughly 4 to 6 years ago, however I doubt that it has been started since.

I was wondering if the members here might be able to assist me in determining a value for this ST4?

Please feel free to ask me for any other information that might be required to determine a value.

I would appreciate all comments or reply's that the community is able to offer.

Asking Price: $000.00 ??? Thank You All --- 94farmer

100_0661.jpg

100_0660.jpg

100_0659.jpg

100_0658.jpg

100_0657.jpg

100_0656.jpg

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: WTS: Snow Trac ST4

that is truely an original older ST4

the tracks and drives are period correct.

I can think of a couple of members that might want to COLLECT that more than flip it.

Mike

94farmer

Thank You Mike for your reply.

I would like to see this ST4 someday have a new life with someone that would appreciate owning it.

--- 94farmer

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

This is a correct "friction" drive machine, the first I have seen on this side of the "pond" in North America...

For a usable machine, it would be best to convert it to cog drive, like all the later machines. That will take new tracks, and bogie wheels, and a rear tire to...

Vey nice other wise, straight and unmolested. Except for the holes cut into the front part of the bonnet.. When was the last time it was operational?

Regards, Kirk

94farmer

Thank you for your comments Kirk.

I am unable to tell you when this ST4 was last operated on snow. I imagine that it has been quite a while since it was actually driven. The engine was last fired up roughly 4 to 6 years ago. It ran just fine at the time. I can remember thinking to myself that the ST4's engine sounded better than the 1961 Bug that I used to drive years ago.

--- 94farmer

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

that must have been brought over by someone .it couldn't have been sold new in Canada or us. maybe for military testing??

Sno-Surfer

Neat old snow trac. It looks decent to me. I've never seen one with that friction track set up. I'd like to see some interior pictures. Keep us posted on this. There are not many around and if I had space and more time I would be interested. :smile:

94farmer

Dear SnowSurfer,

Thanks for your message. I will add a few more photos.

--- 94farmer

Attachments

• 100_0662.jpg
    100_0662.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 453
  • 100_0664.jpg
    100_0664.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 446
  • 100_0675.jpg
    100_0675.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 451
  • 100_0671.jpg
    100_0671.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 439

that's even older than the one I had - didn't realise that there were any older St's than the one I had - lol

Sno-Surfer

That is a rare one and it looks very complete. It has a later style dual port motor with an alternator and dog house fan shroud. This would be a great project to restore. Makes me drool a bit. Hope it goes to a good home. :wow:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

that machine belongs in a museum there are very few still out there that is pretty complete It does have the improved 1600 engine. it would be pretty tough to find an example of a machine that old in that good of condition. the problem is it is only worth what some one is willing to pay for it. lets hope you can find a buyer who will treat you fair and not butcher it up.

94farmer

The Snow Trac ST4 has sold.

I want to send a big "Thank You" to the many members of the community that responded and offered advice. Some replied on this thread, while others responded privately. I appreciated each and every response. The members of this community are all a great bunch of fellows. After having the opportunity to correspond with many, I find myself wishing that I lived further north and actually lived the "Snow Trac" life.

Dave - 94farmer