• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2 thiokols in fbks

bill w

skiland has 2 thiokols for sale for 7500.00 for the pair. they come with a tiller and groomer. someday I will figure out how to post from c/l to here. seems like a good deal to me.

rdynes01

Based on distance, why would anybody outside of Alaska consider buying and shipping a snowcat to anywhere in the lower 48 states?

If I lived in the lower 48 the first thing I would do is move to Alaska, the second thing I would do is by a snowcat. Problem solved.:biggrin:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Does this model have the Cat 3208 engine in it? And Hydro static drives?

Just curious about this one.

Thanks Kirk

Does this model have the Cat 3208 engine in it? And Hydro static drives?

Just curious about this one.

Thanks Kirk

No, the DMC version came with the Allis Chalmers, 220 hp I think. there was a conversion kit available to go to a Cummins so that is a possibility. Yes it is hydrostatic and this one had the third pump for driving the Tiller. Sunstrand/Sauer which are good solid transmissions.

When these were new they were the best of the best IMO. The 3700 has seen most all steep and deep ski slopes and are still found working on slopes but not anywhere as capable as the new cats.

I had a Thiokol 3700AC and thought I had died and gone to heaven when I started using it. It is all mechanical with no computer so it is fairly easy to over stroke the pumps and bog the engine when you are working it hard, just have to be careful is all.

The price on tis one is so tempting and it's in Alaska. My wife gave me the look when I showed it to her.:glare:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That has Don written all over it!

Seriously though, $4500 w/ newer tracks, sprockets, tiller & 8 way blade???? That's a no brainer.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
That has Don written all over it!

Seriously though, $4500 w/ newer tracks, sprockets, tiller & 8 way blade???? That's a no brainer.
you are kind of right dave 4 band 3700 tracks just the upgrade I need for the 2100 except I believe the juce drive rigs had a different track pitch I noticed the tracks were installed backwards.

you are kind of right dave 4 band 3700 tracks just the upgrade I need for the 2100 except I believe the juce drive rigs had a different track pitch I noticed the tracks were installed backwards.

Hmmm, I 'll have to respectively disagree on the track direction. The tracks should have more aggressive braking than driving, it has been quite awhile but I recall the manual for my 3700 specifically talking about that.:smile:

Don, just by the whole machine and you will never look back at Brutus again! I guarantee!:wink:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
my book shows as the driver rotates forward it should engage the long side of the j grouser.

jo5

My 3700c and all my 1200 and 1500 have the tracks turned around from those
my be the had it in a different application and needed to reverse them
looks pretty good and the seems right (compared to down here)

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bigger cats tall to front also

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 267

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I will have to look at mine again maybe mine is on backwards what the heck my belts are stretched so bad they need replacement anyway.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't feel to bad now. I had them reversed and the place I got them from corrected me.
DSC00093.jpg