• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Beercat?

BlackPR

i'm sorry if this has been posted before. I did do a search. Local news last night featured the BeerCat.. Made by a local Colorado Brewery. It's currently touring ski resorts. There's videos of the buildout here (It's built onto a spryte).

https://10barrel.com/beercat-tour/

Attachments

• beercat.JPG
    beercat.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 278

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, so it seems that the beer and whiskey company’s want snowcats for advertising? How about a Fordson With spiral beer cans :thumbup:

Attachments

• 7921B87F-0D30-4826-85C0-D5519D812CD9.jpeg
    7921B87F-0D30-4826-85C0-D5519D812CD9.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 263

Sno-Surfer

Beer cat was actually made by an old pro snowboarder Mike Baisich (sp?) and sponsored by 10 Barrel. Cool project. Mike has done a few similar builds on different vehicles before. His last one was a 4x4 box van style tiny house with fold out walls, sunken tub etc. He was touring the ski resorts and Banked Slalom races with it last year.
I guess I’ll miss it’s Mt Hood appearance since I’ll be gone during spring break.
I’d actually prefer a hot dog/hamburger cat...:smile:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I lusted after the split window bus cat.... I think it was a mobile sound system

If you dig you can find the build thread, its kind of a movie prop of a snow cat.....

Tracked vehicles have their role.....:th_lmao:

Attachments

• oamtc_vw_party_bus_5.jpg
    oamtc_vw_party_bus_5.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 243

BlackPR

I see where this is going. An invasion of the slopes with the snowcat variant of the food truck. I call dibs on Orange Julius. Matches my paint job.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I see where this is going. An invasion of the slopes with the snowcat variant of the food truck. I call dibs on Orange Julius. Matches my paint job.

I Think the Tucker mafia has already beat you to it. They offer a orange Koolaid
Drink already....... Don’t Drink the orange Koolaid. :yum: kids like Koolaid,adults
Like ..........

Attachments

• 928C9942-A5A7-4138-B9DF-55639CFD1D4F.jpeg
    928C9942-A5A7-4138-B9DF-55639CFD1D4F.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Ranger bass boats.

the kristy I helped fix and operate, floated.....

Two truths and a lie..... you pick.....

BY THE WAY! you folks suck at this game......

Or, Kohler Bath boats

I’ll play. I’m assuming the Kristi is Matt’s kt-4 and I heard him say that it was designed as an amphibious machine. So floats is one of the truths. I don’t doubt that you put a wrench on it, so I’ll say that’s the other truth. You’d be likely to try to test it’s seaworthyness and Matt might not be down with that so I’ll say operating a Kristi is the lie.

If that’s correct, what did I win???

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Or, Kohler Bath boats

I’ll play. I’m assuming the Kristi is Matt’s kt-4 and I heard him say that it was designed as an amphibious machine. So floats is one of the truths. I don’t doubt that you put a wrench on it, so I’ll say that’s the other truth. You’d be likely to try to test it’s seaworthyness and Matt might not be down with that so I’ll say operating a Kristi is the lie.

If that’s correct, what did I win???

You win! We could not keep it running long enough to pass the It actually moved under its own power test. ( it has, and it will again, I just have not)

luvthemvws

I couldn't get away from work for the Jamboree (Drats! Of all the years to NOT make it!!). I've been back here in East Nebraska, treading water. (I came through the flooding just fine. Not so lucky were some friends...)
The Kristi is in the back yard, cursing at me for not getting it finished for the Clowder or the Jamboree.
Next year... ESPECIALLY next year. I gotta see Nicson's 35mph, 12 passenger Tucker. That's going to be an epic Snowcat vs Kristi race!!

luvthemvws

Well, they don't call them a Torpedo for nothin'!
Hey, that's a 2-track cat... Those must definitely be the speedier cats!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I couldn't get away from work for the Jamboree (Drats! Of all the years to NOT make it!!). I've been back here in East Nebraska, treading water. (I came through the flooding just fine. Not so lucky were some friends...)
The Kristi is in the back yard, cursing at me for not getting it finished for the Clowder or the Jamboree.
Next year... ESPECIALLY next year. I gotta see Nicson's 35mph, 12 passenger Tucker. That's going to be an epic Snowcat vs Kristi race!!

hey lovin' vdubs, just how fast to do think your Kristi is?

luvthemvws

Mine has the horsepower and gear ratios to achieve 30+ mph. It's controlling a brake-steer cat and keeping it from darting off- course that's the problem.

vintagebike

As found in Bill Guthry’s collection in Idaho. Then to PP in Oregon and later from the passenger seat of the now famous LaPorte, Ca Torpedo at Jug Mountain Ranch, McCall in 2017. It felt like Moma Cat watching her kittens in snow for the first time.

87147CCB-AE9B-4156-928F-3E438C8C10D8.jpeg

13D02620-58EA-4D49-8DAA-16D7F3A92E21.jpg

077E1168-272D-4865-9152-CB8513470222.jpg

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Given: 6-9 MPH is the comfortable cruising speed.....

16-19 is the where the operators enters what Here in the Upper mid-west is called the Red Mist....

It is not a mythical state as urban legend would suggest. rather a true survival skill to offset extreme cold and adverse transportation surfaces.

KT3survivor

a man of my word, took a bottle of whiskey to colorado and then took it home with me. snowtracs dont seem to like colorado much. . . havent seen one show up in three years. they also didnt have any new material when i posted my 4th gear video. a mail box with jeep fenders and skinny jeans wont sell much booze. go figure.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine has the horsepower and gear ratios to achieve 30+ mph. It's controlling a brake-steer cat and keeping it from darting off- course that's the problem.

so, just what kind of speed contest do you see?

100 yards, 1/8 mile, hard pack or 3 feet of powder?

2000 feet of vertical climb in fresh snow?

tell us....

KT3survivor

so, just what kind of speed contest do you see?

100 yards, 1/8 mile, hard pack or 3 feet of powder?

2000 feet of vertical climb in fresh snow?

tell us....

princess knows all the answers to this quiz. . . unless its been that long since she drove one of her own kristi's. how long has it been anyway??

Last edited:

vintagebike

Hot Rod KT3?

For the near future...just how much extra power can a KT3 handle? 30mph is just too slow.:boxing:

Last edited: