• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PB TDI Question?

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
O.K. I doubt anyone who ever rode in "Cash-Cab" could answer this question.

Most people call Kossbohrer's "Piston-Bully's". I like to think of them as "Circle "K"", Not too far off from a Mercedes.

So the question: Where is there a tap, fitting, or sender on the Air Intake between the output of the Turbo and the Intake Manifold to read the "Boost"?

Oh Yeah, were looking at the VW 1.9 Liter, TDI, alias "Diesel-Gate" engines.

The Technical drawings and Specs show both a Sender, and a small line. From the Output side of the Turbo, thru the Radiator/Intercooler, and on into the Intake Manifold. Can't find either? so how does one measure BOOST??? How does the computer know??? And why can't I find it?

I need to measure the Boost on Jim VT's rig and there is nowhere to connect a gauge.

Help, Help, Help!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I would drill and tap in the intake that's where all the ports are on the commercial engines.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Search Ross-Tech VAG com.

It is free.

It is awesome.

a legit cable is $90

a chinese knock off cable will give you more data than you can process.

very powerful.

I assume he has a OBDII port or can bus connector somewhere.

the automotive sensor is in a molded bung kind of hidden on the passenger side. the atmospheric one looks like a mass air sensor in the filter housing.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think we found my boost leak from the turbo.
DSC00237.jpg