• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fiancee's grandmother

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We got the call saturday that the nursing home where my fiancee's grandmother has been staying is now doing "End of life" care with her. She has gone downhill allot in the past month. She's 85 now. Family have been travelling here to be with her in her final days. The missus and I went to vist her yesterday and she was more alert but still very frail and not able to eat or drink anything. They are at the stage of moistening her lips with a sponge and giving her very small mouthfuls of icecream and soups.

She won't be long for this world.:sad:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tough to see for sure. Sad to hear about. Prayers on the way.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone. So far she's still hanging on but it won't be long now. We are all on standby for when she does pass.

Leni

Sad but then her family is with her and she knows that her granddaughter is getting married. Prayers for a peaceful passing.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If and when she does pass, we will light a candle for her and any other relatives that are no longer with us at the wedding.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Tonight may be her last night. Family has started the 24 hr watch sitting by her side. The missus is with her now. Her breathing is shallow and gargled. She has been in a comatose state for the past day.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sadly she passed away about an hour ago. She was my fiancee's last surviving grandparent. May she rest with the angels.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and her especially at this point in your lives.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear. May she rest peacefully. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of your loss.

When these oldsters go, they leave a void that never gets filled. Over the years we've seen 5 pair of my wife's aunts and uncles pass on. My 96-year old M-I-L is the only one left. She keeps on hitting adversity but slugs her way through it. She a 4' 10" fighting machine. They made them tough back in those days.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sad to hear of her passing as you plan a happy occasion. Recognizing her at the ceremony is a beautiful idea.:flowers:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This was especially hard on my fiancee. She never knew her other grandparents since they all passed when she was very young. At least she was able to share her final moments with her. There will be a memorial service next week sometime to allow family to travel.