• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Home Remedy for Weed Be Gone

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Who would have thunk it. :pat:

Attachments

• WeedBeGoneHomemadeFormula.jpg
    WeedBeGoneHomemadeFormula.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 111

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That stuff is great . It will kill Canadian thistle too !!!!!!! We use it all the time .

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
AND IT DOES N O T SUPPORT MONSANTO!!!!!!!

More problems with Monsanto than I can list.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A couple derivations and thoughts.

Instead of pouring fresh vinegar into your sprayer, run it through your coffee maker first. Might as well clean that first.

Instead of doing it in the morning, do it during the hottest part of the day, preferably when the sun is beating on the plants. The plants are then stressed already and also suck in the vinegar faster.

Speaking of getting the vinegar in faster, if the weeds are such that you can mow or weedeat them first, it works better. The vinegar goes straight into the stalk and straight to the roots. No need to waste your product on all the leaves and such.

If the area is to be planted again (e.g. in a garden area), don't add the salt. Nothing will be growing there for awhile. If you're trying to kill tough plants, the salt helps.

You can thin the vinegar with water to as much as a 50/50 mix if you have large areas to do.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dissolve the epsom salts with a quart of real hot water before adding it to the sprayer. It is not as effective as roundup and diesel but is safer around sensitive things. Agree on the weed cutting first and today will be doing the bee yard again. Seems all this rain has diluted my first spraying and the bee yard fence is shorted again.:hammer:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just wanted to share my experience with this home brew weed killer. I sprayed these weeds around 12:00 PM. The pictures were taken about 2:20 PM, two hours and 20 minutes later.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 49
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 49
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 49

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Areas I used this on are coming back so I am going back over them with roundup. Too much rain seems to play a role in it since some places I hit with roundup have a little coming back also.