• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillcrate

I hope your church service goes good today Bob!!

I tell ya,Its hard to leave a church!! -- One time when I was out riding my bike on sunday morning,I stopped at this church before it started just say hello (I know the ppl who run it) and I ended up staying for the whole thing! (I felt wierd walking out)

God bless everyone!

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I skipped out on the 5pm service (the one I play guitar at) yesterday as I'm going this morning to play a special children's service and didn't want to make 2 trips into the city this weekend. It's a 25 minute drive one way to get there. So I'll be streaming live online at 11:30am. It's kinda damp and foggy outside so this afternoon I plan on sitting on my butt in front of the fireplace watching the last nascar race of the season. Not a huge fan of any of the 4 contenders for the championship but kinda pulling for Hamlin just because I think he's due. That, and that I can kinda relate to him after he broke his back in a race and rallied back to be a championship contender again. (Broke mine in 6 places so I know what kind of struggle he went through to return to being competitive)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm freaking sick. I have not turned on a minute of news since noon on Nov 4th. The writing was on the wall when I saw Biden at 264. The man who could not fill a gymnasium with supporters got more votes than anyone in a presidential election ever. All those ballots that were sent to the address of a registered voter sure paid off. They played the corona virus to their advantage all the way through. I suppose some might call that smart. I call them cheaters.

I so hoped we could prove the country smarter than the MSM for the worthless lies they spread. To me it appears the MSM and the people behind the Dem curtain have stole the election. Thankfully it was not a blue wave but that they stole the election from a man who worked his butt off and deserved 4 more years more than any president of this century saddens me to the core. :soapbox:

I am completely gobsmacked.
It's like I can't even express the way I feel.

I'm on another 12 today.
Hopefully it goes quickly.
Right now I feel like going to some remote island.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Stopped at the stop sign on the end of my road a car coming down the hill, making a left turn from the cross street, almost ran into my motorcycle’s front end.

On my way home, at the same corner, I have my left turn signal on to indicate I’m turning. Car behind me cuts out, crosses the double yellow, and passes me on the left on the down the hill slope while I’m beginning to turn left.

WTF?

jillcrate

Yep people are crazy today Bob,gotta be careful out there!

Im glad your ok!!

I might goto bed in a little bit here....... Kinda tired.........

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I'm doing absolutely nothing.
Or, should that be as little as possible?
Work has been hell (won't go into that).
Happy Monday....

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The guys are here to break up and take out the old driveway. Feels weird as I had planned to do this myself for the last twenty years. But at least they will let me watch.

Takeout today and pour tomorrow. 6inches of clean gravel and 6" of concrete with lots of rebar. I never want to have a cracked drive again.

More later.

jillcrate

pirate_girl said:
Thanks.
By the way, what do you do?
Where are you from, etc?
I don't think you've managed to find our introduction thread.
Im from the chicago area and well I dont really do much.......

Where are you from? -- Ya seem to be very nice.....

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The guys are here to break up and take out the old driveway. Feels weird as I had planned to do this myself for the last twenty years. But at least they will let me watch.

Takeout today and pour tomorrow. 6inches of clean gravel and 6" of concrete with lots of rebar. I never want to have a cracked drive again.

More later.

I'll be watching your activities with interest. This is a job that I've had on my "list" for about 2 years. Not the whole driveway mind you, just the large area on the side/back of the house. The actual driveway to the gate will still be asphalt.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Im from the chicago area and well I dont really do much.......

My Grandpa and Grandma lived about 300 yards from Cubs Park (Wrigley Field). We went to visit them once a year from Sioux City, Iowa, where I grew up. Back in my day it was safe to walk to Lincoln Park and other places a mile or two around. That was from about 1955 to 1965.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to figure out how to navigate the new Forums Forum!!!!

My wife set me up with a new computer and Microsoft edge.

Between the two major changes I'm going nuts!!!

That said, I'm glad we have the new and improved Forum's Forums. It's kewel!!!!!
THANKS DOC
I'll be watching your activities with interest. This is a job that I've had on my "list" for about 2 years. Not the whole driveway mind you, just the large area on the side/back of the house. The actual driveway to the gate will still be asphalt.
Gonna rain today sow e just finished up the gravel work, got an inspection from the county and put the pour off till Wednesday.

So today I'll be working on the water feature. Still moving gravel rock on which to build the "cliff" feature behind the pool.

And also, digging out the sump for the waterfall pump.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
See the source image

My China Hibiscus bloomed today. Haven't had one open for about three years.

I pulled this image off the internet. Mine is a darker "Blood" red, about five inches wide. The tree is subtropical so I must keep it inside. Any temperature below 40%F, for more than a day, will kill it. About 9 feet high and 8 feet in diameter. I have had it for about 50 years.

See the source image

I took a picture with my flip phone but cannot get it to post.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ran my butt off yesterday shuttling kids around to appointments. Left the house at 7:45am to pick up the snowmobile trailer I brought to the repair shop yesterday for some overdue maintenance. I bought it used in the spring. All 4 wheel bearings needed replacing.(dual axle trailer) Most wheel stubs were so rusted that the nuts wouldn't come off. 2 tires needed to be replaced. Back home at 9. Back to the city to get one of the kids for an appointment. Drove to the other side of the city for the appointment then back to the south side to drop her back at school. Out to the country to pick up a camp heater off marketplace then home to drop off the second kid who also had an appointment (he's in high school and didn't have classes due to exams). Then I did a turn and burn. Back to the city to run a few more errands.

This morning we woke up to a fresh layer of 6" of snow. It's remembrance day. So my wife has the day off work. But sadly because of the snow, all rural buses are canceled. So all the kids are home. Yay.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Pretty good Veteran's Day so far. Went into Council Bluffs and got a free haircut, then a free meal at Applebee's. Then I went to Freddy's and got a card for a free meal I can use within the next few months. Then another card for a meal at Golden Corral I can use within the next month and then the same thing at Texas Roadhouse. A city cop was there and gave me some shit about being in the Navy so naturally I had to give him some shit about being an Army Veteran. I'm going to a bar in a few minutes to drink (free LOL) water and BS with some folks.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm off today.
Looks like Ohio is heading face first into the 3rd wave of covid.
Thank God I/we already know what we're dealing with.
No panic here, just common sense.

This evening I'm going with my friend Jules to look at a few homes that are on the market.
She's been with her Mother and feels like she wants her own place.
After that we're going to dinner.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Went on a job walk yesterday, looked at some conveyor repair. T&M job to be done on weekends, ( perfect ) Then worked on the COOT. Details in the ATV section

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work today. It took 40 Minutes to clear my E-mails mostly from THE Donald and his friends looking for money.

Things ran very well the last three days, despite my absence or because of it. I'm not really sure. But I am rethinking my retirement plans.

Is there such a thing as "part time retired.?

I noticed my work computer has "outdated software and doesn't post the new FF site "correctly."

Looks the same as the one at home which is the latest version of Windows whatever.

Luckily I remembered my password which I haven't had to use for years.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Carpet cleaning day today.

While we have a Bissell home carpet cleaner, about once every other year, usually before the holidays, we have a service come in and clean the carpets. They do a better job than I do.

So everything is being picked up off the floor. Service guy should be here in an hour. After he leaves I'll be setting up some fans to speed the drying and then, eventually, putting everything that belongs in the rooms back where they belong.

So fun day(n)

jillcrate

Just got home..... Listening to a cassette I got when out today :) (Keith Sweat - "Make it last forever")

I didnt realise this was his first album and that I had heard so many songs off it!!!! (The only song I knew by name was 'Make it last forever')

Status
Not open for further replies.