• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Armageddon August 22, 2006?

Cityboy

Banned
All over the news today. Are the nukes about to flash? Or is it just posturing?

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/brian_whitaker/2006/08/world_to_end_on_august_22.html

Mr Ahmadinejad [the Iranian president] and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the US about nuclear development by August 22. This was at first reported as 'by the end of August', but Mr Ahmadinejad's statement was more precise."
Lewis continues: "What is the significance of August 22? This year, August 22 corresponds, in the Islamic calendar, to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to 'the farthest mosque', usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (cf, Koran XVII.1). This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and, if necessary, of the world."

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It'll be as dramatic as 12/31/99 @ 23:59 and end the same!

HGM

Big Dog said:
It'll be as dramatic as 12/31/99 @ 23:59 and end the same!

The problem is that the computers we feared on that date were more intelegent than the muslims we're talking about on 8/22.......I'm not going to loose any sleep over that date coming, but I wouldnt rule anything out....

dzalphakilo

Banned
Cityboy said:
All over the news today. Are the nukes about to flash? Or is it just posturing?

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/brian_whitaker/2006/08/world_to_end_on_august_22.html

Mr Ahmadinejad [the Iranian president] and his followers clearly believe that this time is now, and that the terminal struggle has already begun and is indeed well advanced. It may even have a date, indicated by several references by the Iranian president to giving his final answer to the US about nuclear development by August 22. This was at first reported as 'by the end of August', but Mr Ahmadinejad's statement was more precise."
Lewis continues: "What is the significance of August 22? This year, August 22 corresponds, in the Islamic calendar, to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to 'the farthest mosque', usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (cf, Koran XVII.1). This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and, if necessary, of the world."

I say it won't happen. Anyone care to wager $1000 that it doesn't per this thread? Any takers?

Myst

I think ill keep my cash thanks!

These Armageddon dates have been going for the longest time now.. i think i remember my first back in 8/8/88

Cityboy

Banned
Bump - Might as well bump this one back up to go with BC's thread.

What day and time is it in Iran right now? I'm too lazy to look myself.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cityboy said:
Thanks BD. So, at 4PM EST here today is midnight August 22 in Iran, right?

You got it, sure are smart for a city boy...................:yum::D

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Wait a minute though... I don't have this clear in my head yet. Is the world going to end right at the beginning of 8/22/06 Iranian time, or just sometime during that day Iranian time? I need to know because I have a few things I need to do before the world ends.

Cityboy

Banned
It's just Armageddon in the middleast. Probably won't affect Indiana, but Israel is at a pucker factor of 10 probably.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I would have to believe that the Israelis have the weapons loaded, the jets readied, and are at a full standby of readiness in the event that a missile is sent toward them. I don't know if they have any US missile defense systems in place, but there is a strong possibility that we have some war ships in the area that have advanced tracking detection to assist them. The one thing about the present administration, is that they don't want to get caught sleeping at the switch again, so it is a relatively safe guess that precautions have been taken for most any event. Personally, I don't believe that the Iranians will be so foolish as to try to bomb Israel given the fact that they know our capabilities to aid in there defense. If the Iranians were to try a nuclear weapon on Israel, I believe that the response will be quick and severe.

HGM

Junkman said:
I would have to believe that the Israelis have the weapons loaded, the jets readied, and are at a full standby of readiness in the event that a missile is sent toward them. I don't know if they have any US missile defense systems in place, but there is a strong possibility that we have some war ships in the area that have advanced tracking detection to assist them. The one thing about the present administration, is that they don't want to get caught sleeping at the switch again, so it is a relatively safe guess that precautions have been taken for most any event. Personally, I don't believe that the Iranians will be so foolish as to try to bomb Israel given the fact that they know our capabilities to aid in there defense. If the Iranians were to try a nuclear weapon on Israel, I believe that the response will be quick and severe.

I totally agree... It would be a much better idea on their part to wait until next year after we have a changing of the guard... I just hope it isnt Hillary...:pat:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
HGM said:
I totally agree... It would be a much better idea on their part to wait until next year after we have a changing of the guard... I just hope it isnt Hillary...:pat:

Hrm? :confused2:

Are you refering to the POTUS? That election isn't until 2008 (effective Jan 2009).

HGM

DaveNay said:
Hrm? :confused2:

Are you refering to the POTUS? That election isn't until 2008 (effective Jan 2009).

OOPS, sorry... I'm working on '07 and '08 here at work so I got ahead of myself... :hide: