• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

It followed me home

Southtowns27

I'm sure some of you saw the '70 Tucker 442A for sale on Craigslist. Well, it followed me home... It's interesting that I live about 20 miles from Holiday Valley (Ellicottville, NY) but had to drive 4+ hours one way to pick this thing up lol (near Scranton, PA). It runs and drives, but the tracks need some serious loving. Every cotter pin need replacing as well as about 1/3 of the rollers. Guides look good. Fluid changes and a good tune up would probably do it good as well...

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_122154297_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190307_122154297_HDR.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_20190307_122209513_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190307_122209513_HDR.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 265

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Southtowns, nice machine!
I took the drive down to PA to look at that one too. Had I been in the market for a two seater tucker I would have bought it, (I don’t know much about Tuckers and I didn’t catch the cotter pin or roller issues) but I felt like I needed to go see it regardless. I’m happy it returned to it’s original neighborhood, I’m assuming Holiday valley bought that new almost 50 years ago. I was having crazy thoughts about cleaning it up and trying to sell it back to them or Ellicottville Brewing for a nostalgia item, throw some cases in the back and serve it up at the hill...
Have you ever thought about a Western NY snowcat gathering? Maybe Holiday Valley or Cockaigne would be up for hosting. One of the owners of Cockaigne has an affinity for old Tuckers and there are trails nearby, maybe they would consider it.

Mike

Southtowns27

Hmmm.. Interesting idea about a snowcat gathering. I'm a lifer at the Buffalo Ski Club, now known as the Buffalo Ski Center. You can find us on google maps about 20 miles north of Ellicottville. I'm sure I could put something together at our area if there's enough interest...

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Better than this one following you home...... taken on one of my security cams

Attachments

• CD65D88A-F6C7-4731-9ED1-F63F27328C98.jpg
    CD65D88A-F6C7-4731-9ED1-F63F27328C98.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 204

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Must be at a southern or western compound.... the DNR tells us there are no cats in the upper midwest.

like wolves and bears in central WI. it is just big dogs and large feral cats.......

btw he looks under fed.......

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the cat must be a Tucker,it leaves 4 tracks and pivots on both ends :bolt:
But on second thought it’s to fast to be a Tucker :unsure:

Correction:it’s not a vintage Tucker must be a new one

Last edited:

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm.. Interesting idea about a snowcat gathering. I'm a lifer at the Buffalo Ski Club, now known as the Buffalo Ski Center. You can find us on google maps about 20 miles north of Ellicottville. I'm sure I could put something together at our area if there's enough interest...

Count me in.

Just like that, if we both show up it’s two cats, nearly a gathering. I plan on going to the Midwest Cat Clowder again, that’s the first weekend in February- so that weekend doesn’t work for me. Anyone know when the New Hampshire one is, the third weekend in Feb maybe? Best to not make inbetweeners choose one or the other. Maybe a January date?

Anyone else up for Buffalo sometime in 2019-2020???