• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I let my wife do the taxes. After all, she does work for the CRA (IRS for you sutherners).

I cleared the driveway after yesterday's snowfall. We ended up with 4" of the white stuff. Then did some work in the garage for an hour. This afternoon it was time for the dentist for me and one of the kids.

Canadian eh!!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ahh yes, the super bowl snooze. I turned it on and caught the coin flip and then Gladys Knight do a great job on the National Anthem. Then I watched a little of the first quarter, saw NE miss a field goal, then make one. Yawn. I turned it off but did record it for commercials and the half time show. I have yet to see a new creative funny commercial (I didn't view any of the 2nd half). But the half time show, what a snooze. Worse than the game. The only good thing I can say about it is Maroon 5 did not give in to the groups that pressured them to kneel for Colin Kaepernick's cause.

I heard a commentator say yesterday that Adam Levine (the Maroon 5 lead singer who took his shirt off) acts like a guy who spends a lot of time prepping in front of a mirror. :yum: I agree.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's been a rainy night, with fog hanging still.
I'll take my daily walk soon.
Sonny boy is feeling much better, the egg sits in a house nest in the big birdie cage, number 2 son former tow boy wants to get back into it at the urging of his lady love.
I'm happy, because I know that's where his heart is.

The grandbabies are super happy and growing like weeds.
:smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Haircut this morning, coffee at the diner, then finished up the income taxes and got them mailed. Then I took a nap. :thumbup:

Oh, called the doctor and got a colonoscopy scheduled for Feb. 18. That's gonna be fun. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Preparing for another dumping of snow tomorrow. You guys in Colorado can keep all that crap down there. Most of our winter storms come up out of Colorado.

I did the gym this morning then went for coffee with the crew from my program. Physio at 1. Finally sent one of our foster kids to a new home. What a fiasco that was. Anyways, he's gone. Should be a more relaxed atmosphere at home.

Canadian eh!!!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
The Plan: Drive to Ft. Leavenworth to pick up drugs and do a major grocery restock at the commissary.
The Reality: Have a cuppa and go back to bed for a few hours then find out if KS-DOT has managed to de-ice the highways so the planned trip doesn't end up resembling Donner #2.

We have had sleet and freezing drizzle since around noon yesterday, the roads are slick, and the weather ducks are saying we can expect intermittent periods of the same for the rest of the morning - or longer :unsure:.

I grew up driving on snow and can handle it quite well, thank you. But ice? Even tracked vehicles can have problems there. :hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The Plan: Drive to Ft. Leavenworth to pick up drugs and do a major grocery restock at the commissary.
The Reality: Have a cuppa and go back to bed for a few hours then find out if KS-DOT has managed to de-ice the highways so the planned trip doesn't end up resembling Donner #2.

We have had sleet and freezing drizzle since around noon yesterday, the roads are slick, and the weather ducks are saying we can expect intermittent periods of the same for the rest of the morning - or longer :unsure:.

I grew up driving on snow and can handle it quite well, thank you. But ice? Even tracked vehicles can have problems there. :hammer:
I would appear you guys will enjoy that condition all day today.

We had cold rain hit us at 5:35 this morning. High winds and lightning.
I couldn't sleep at all last night (reason unknown) so I headed in early today. Glad I did because the rain and wind outside right now is horrendous. But, so far, no ice.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Happy morning to y'all. It's a balmy -16 Celsius up here in the sticks. Light snowflakes falling. But it's supposed to get nasty this afternoon. The weatherman says 15 to 25 cms. Enough with the snow already. I'm running out of place to put it. I have absolutely nothing planned for today. So I may venture out before the snow gets nasty to pick up a few things for projects in the garage.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You all are talking snow and ice.
It's rain here.
Flood warnings for all the surrounding rivers, thunder etc..

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Ice last night here too and ice again for today, then turning to rain. Lots of cars off the roads last night and they are predicting the same conditions for tonight.

I am staying close to the fort and watch a few episodes of the Punisher on Netflix. I love that show. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was an interesting day.

Met my wife in town for lunch. She said that a friend of ours, a jeweler, is having a 60% off closing down sale that "we" need to check out. It shows just how much profit there is in jewelry. Long story short, I ended up buying her a ring for our upcoming 40th anniversary. It occurred to me that it was my anniversary too so I should get a present as well. I headed to the gun store. I ended up with a Springfield XD Mod 2 with 4" barrel in 9mm. Brought it home, field stripped it and gave it and the mags a quick clean and wipe down. Next stage, load the magazines. I don't think so. That magazine spring is so strong I can hardly get any ammo in the darned things. I went looking for my Uplula magazine loader. Off and on that took the rest of the day and most of the night. I obviously put it somewhere "safe", so safe I couldn't find it again. I'd hunt for it, sit down and think of any other possible hiding place, get up and tear something else apart. Eventually, at 11 o'clock at night I found the sucker jammed down behind the spare computer in the office. What the hell was it doing there? How the hell did I ever think of looking there? I was that desperate!!!

This morning's plan is to head back in to the gun store and get another couple of magazine loaders. I reckon that if I store all three of them in different places I should at least be able to find one when I need it.

I'm going to load those mags and let them sit a while and see if they ease up. It's raining and the temperature is dropping and I have nothing else to do.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You all are talking snow and ice.

It's rain here.

Flood warnings for all the surrounding rivers, thunder etc..
Free snowman. Needs some assembly. Must be picked up. [emoji39]
988673f54403146600e2fcdb9a05ab85.jpg

I've been busy out in the garage after a trip to home depot. A friend of ours had picked up an antique rocking chair that required a bit of work on the back cushion to support it. So I picked up some wood strapping and installed it. Then I got to work on a wood model truck for my daughter's scouts model car rally. Every year the Cubs and scouts build and race wood cars and transport trucks down a wooden track similar to a soapbox derby but on a smaller scale.

Canadian eh!!!
4547d2b65a3182e90b86c516f0221eec.jpg
6cdc3e936e78152cf37fee575cf1a84f.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No thanks to the snow.

:hammer::yum:

This is the Maumee this morning as it runs through Defiance.
That bridge, The Clinton St. Bridge- is the main thoroughfare to get from one end of town to the other.
They begin tearing it down soon to build a new one.
The peeps in Defi are losing their minds.
I would too.
It's a 4 mile trip going two back alternate routes.
What about emergency vehicles?

FB_IMG_1549569448271.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's Ariel's egg.
It should hatch in about 10 days or so.
Not sure if she's even sitting on it because they've been handling it.
:unsure:
FB_IMG_1549597921658-360x640-270x480.jpg

Quiet Friday for me, then working tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been digging in the old photos again.
Daddy, not sure if he was aboard ship there or on leave.
And me on the day of my pinning.
The cap came off for the picture.
Couldn't mess up that 80s doooo.
:yum:

20190208_100715-491x491.jpg

20190208_101953.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been on the go since I got up at 6am. Let the dogs out. Made a sammich for the lovely missus to take to work. Made 2 more for the kiddies. Got them up and fed then headed out at -20 to snowblow the drive. When the kids went to school, I headed to the gym. Normally there's 25 or so people there. Today there was 6. Now at physio then home to finish the driveway and sneak in a nap before a meeting this afternoon with our adoption worker. We have kids going everywhere after school for the weekend so I have to organize that mess.

Canadian eh!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Staying warm inside and letting the Blizzard blow bye then it’s snow clean up time.

Same here except for the part about the snow but it did get down below freezing at the house last night. The dogs weren't too impressed this morning. They didn't linger too long … outside, did their business and straight back to the door to get inside. I was thankful.

I've got a bunch of stuff to do but it's all outside and I'm not going out there until it's at least in the 60s. My wife still has weeks of work left directing the tearing apart of the house and I'm sitting around smiling because I don't have to do any of it. :clap::clap::clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Long day here.
Went grocery shopping, then a trip to Defiance to see Superman and number 1 grandbug.
Ty is loving being back to towing.
First call was to Toledo, then several others.
Everyone is doing well.
Stopped by the dam to check out the flooded Maumee.
Still half frozen in some spots.
Jeff got brave and walked out on it only to have me screeching at him to get off that ice RIGHT NOW.
:yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob had planned to be out of town so I made plans with Dasha and one of my other fencing girls to take them to an advanced fencing club in Chicago.

Of course Mrs_Bob's plans fell through but I had already committed to the kids to take them up to the club so she sat home while I spent the better part of the day with the girls. After fencing ended at 2:30pm we took the coach, who is one of my friends, out to lunch before heading home.

Dasha picked a Ukrainian restaurant. So we all went there. Uh, not great food. Some of it was familiar to my Eastern European Polish/Slovak tastes but some of it was pretty crappy! Oh well. It was a fun lunch anyway, 2 old guys with 2 17-year old girls, people probably wondered WTF but I felt very grandfatherly :unsure:

I made it home in time for dinner and a movie :thumbup:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
By the time I rolled out of bed this morning it had warmed up to freezing. Right after that the rain started. Just a light rain/drizzle but it lasted all day. We almost made it to 40°F but not quite. My day was spent inside doing nothing exciting. I did help my wife to move some furniture but that was it. Oh!! I did change a light bulb. When changing a light bulb is the highlight of your day, you're leading a pretty sad life. Sorry to sat that tomorrow isn't looking any more productive than today. I'm getting really bored with this crap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went for breakfast with my wife and oldest son. Watched a bit of nascar on tv. Didn't do a whole lot during the day yesterday. Then went to play the 5pm service. Rushed home for a quick supper then put on my scout uniform and headed to Canadian tire with my son for the annual fundraiser event for scouts. Stood inside the exit doors trying to sell popcorn and get donations. Got home by 10pm. Watched the arca race at Daytona and went to bed.

This morning I'm off to the kakabeka legion with the scouts to do the pancake breakfast cleanup we do monthly. They also donate to the troop. This afternoon I'm scheduled for another shift at Canadian tire. Busy weekend.

Somewhere in there I have to shovel snow off the roof of the covered deck. Tomorrow is a trip to camp for snow removal.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to the 10:30 mass at St. Auggie's.
Aimee wants me to go to St. Caspar's in Wauseon sometime as she said it's very conservative and Marian.

I'll take my walk today too.
Got steaks marinating for dinner tonight.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Cancel that. I did the legion breakfast this morning. We had 8 scouts there on clean up. Not an easy task keeping 8 young teenagers motivated for 3 hours. They served close to 300 people in 3 hours. I came home with the plan to rest a couple hours before going to Canadian tire to stand there for 2 hours panhandling for donations. Then my loving wife reminded me that the roof covering the deck needed to be shoveled. She volunteered to take my place at the store. So I changed and headed out to shovel. It's not bad as we have a 20ft long shovel for doing rooftops in the winter. It only took me an hour to do the whole thing. 10x20 ft. It's those plastic corrugated roofing panels. Any more snow and it would have collapsed.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was an interesting day.

Met my wife in town for lunch. She said that a friend of ours, a jeweler, is having a 60% off closing down sale that "we" need to check out. It shows just how much profit there is in jewelry. Long story short, I ended up buying her a ring for our upcoming 40th anniversary. It occurred to me that it was my anniversary too so I should get a present as well. I headed to the gun store. I ended up with a Springfield XD Mod 2 with 4" barrel in 9mm. Brought it home, field stripped it and gave it and the mags a quick clean and wipe down. Next stage, load the magazines. I don't think so. That magazine spring is so strong I can hardly get any ammo in the darned things. I went looking for my Uplula magazine loader. Off and on that took the rest of the day and most of the night. I obviously put it somewhere "safe", so safe I couldn't find it again. I'd hunt for it, sit down and think of any other possible hiding place, get up and tear something else apart. Eventually, at 11 o'clock at night I found the sucker jammed down behind the spare computer in the office. What the hell was it doing there? How the hell did I ever think of looking there? I was that desperate!!!

This morning's plan is to head back in to the gun store and get another couple of magazine loaders. I reckon that if I store all three of them in different places I should at least be able to find one when I need it.

I'm going to load those mags and let them sit a while and see if they ease up. It's raining and the temperature is dropping and I have nothing else to do.

I use the same logic for carpentry tools. I have more hammers in stock than the local LOWE'S. And yet, when I need one, none can be located.

Same thing with measuring tapes and carpenter's squares.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm doing all I cannot to fall down this morning. Everything is covered in ice. So nothing outside except trips to the Truck with trash bags.

Six altogether. My wife and I used to be alone and generate one or two a Month. Kids and cats make a lot of trash.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shoveled a path for the dogs. Still snowing so it will probably happen a second time.

Making Korean short ribs for dinner in the Instant Pot. After cooking they go under the broiler to brown up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.