• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CDC Warning About Respiratory Virus

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention wants to warn you about a respiratory infection that's going around.

The infection is called Respiratory Syncytial Virus or RSV.

RSV symptoms include runny nose, decreased appetite, coughing, sneezing, fever and wheezing, according to the CDC. In infants, parents may see breathing difficulties.

The virus can cause a simple cough to something as severe as respiratory failure.

"If you are having trouble eating or drinking, where your cough is so severe, we can't sleep, we can't eat, we can't drink, that would be the time you want to give your pediatrician a call, or your adult provider a call."
-------
No vaccine for this.
Take precautions and keep those hands washed! :thumb:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention wants to warn you about a respiratory infection that's going around.

The infection is called Respiratory Syncytial Virus or RSV.

RSV symptoms include runny nose, decreased appetite, coughing, sneezing, fever and wheezing, according to the CDC. In infants, parents may see breathing difficulties.

The virus can cause a simple cough to something as severe as respiratory failure.

"If you are having trouble eating or drinking, where your cough is so severe, we can't sleep, we can't eat, we can't drink, that would be the time you want to give your pediatrician a call, or your adult provider a call."
-------
No vaccine for this.
Take precautions and keep those hands washed! :thumb:

Other than a thorough scrub with soap and water, what if any regimen is recommended? Rest, fluids, and an analgesic or something else? [This sounds like what Dragonfly Lady is fighting.]

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Other than a thorough scrub with soap and water, what if any regimen is recommended? Rest, fluids, and an analgesic or something else? [This sounds like what Dragonfly Lady is fighting.]

Do what I do DS, stay away from people as much as possible. Once the freezing rain stops, I am heading up into the woods to cut some wood. Just the three of us, me, myself and I. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

https://www.cdc.gov/rsv/about/transmission.html

As with any other nasty bug, this is contact precautions.
It's airborne.
I cannot stress good handwashing, sneeze into your sleeve, lots of fluids, eat well, rest well.

That said, I preach it but don't rest well. :hammer:
And I'm right in the thick of the crap that's out there.
By taking care of oneself, we take care of others.
When you're out in public for anything,whether it's the bank, dining, grocery shopping.
Use the sanitizer wipes that are often available, keep sanitizing hand gel in your pocket or for the ladies, your handbag.