• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1201B Carb

barnstormer

So I'm finally getting back into my Spryte after a couple of years of neglect. She wanted to run. I could make her pop and rumble with with a little starter fluid down the carb but no real run. I pulled the carb off and opened it up. This is what I found inside.

!

I guess I need a new carb. Its a Webber single barrel. Any one know where I can get one?

barnstormer

I guess I don't know how to post a photo.

The float bowl is completely corroded filled with white goop. I tried some cleaner but I don't think it can be saved...

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
To post the pic copy and paste it to your desktop with a name like old carb. Then click on the paper clip next to the smilie above the post window. It will open a new window and you click browse and select your desktop and click on the name and then click upload. As long as you have some text in the window it will attach it to the post.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a small ultra sonic parts cleaner ,I filled it with ulsd ,and have had good luck at cleaning out carbs and rebuilding them. even with old atv carbs that look like what you describe