• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

need help with wiring

lowell

am trying to install a ignition sw. in the sw 200 but no matter how I try to wire the sw. it is wrong, could someone walk me thru the wiring for the alt. starter relay, voltage reg.,by the way the sw. that I'm trying to use has 4 terminals (bat., ignition, acc., and the 4 th. term. is in the center unmarked. Thanks in advance

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Switches can be different but the diagram I found says the center goes to the starter, IGN goes the the relay that powers the coil (resistor), BAT gets power from the battery, ACC powers accesories. The diagram I looked at also had a 'resistor bypass wire' that gives full 12V to the coil when starting.
I don't remember about that last ... I had trouble putting in a new switch, also.

I've also had switches that were bad out of the box .....

Hope this helps