• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Air Reservoir Tank Expired?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I just noticed that my 5 year old air reservoir tank has an expiration date on it.

Do most people really throw them away after 5 years? I only use the thing about once a year and it looks to be in perfect condition. I always drain it after every use.

I'm going to live on the edge and stretch a few extra years out of this one.:brows:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Should be fine...you live in such a low humidity environment, you probably don't get any condensate in there anyway. :poke:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
So whats the worst that can happen ? It leaks air and you replace it ......:unsure:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
That's kind of what I'm wondering. Is 120 psi enough to blow up a steel tank?
Not that I ever seen , they start leaking before theres ever any danger of them blowing up . I just weld patches on em & fiberglass over the top of the patch when they do leak , But I,m a cheap bastard :biggrin: