• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Kioti C25

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone out here have one?

I got the opportunity to get some seat time in 2 of them last weekend. One with FEL only, the other had the backhoe as well. Both have approx. 30 hours and are HST.

Although I only got about 3-4 hours time, I did notice some things that I found perplexing and was wondering if you could provide any insight, particularly if it's a potential problem or issue with the particular unit so I can let the owners know that a repair may be in order.

- It was almost impossible to get into or out of 4wd (I had to lift the front tires off the ground with the loader, play with the HST pedal and stand on the lever to engage 4wd).

- On one of them, when in neutral but range selector in L range, it crept forward.
- On the backhoe, without command, the boom was sliding to the right.
- Backhoe controls seemed very jerky. It was very difficult to make any finess movement.
- Difficult to back up the a slight incline in M range.
- The backhoe seemed weak. Most anything other than soft dirt would stop it.
- Throttle lever was very difficult to move/adjust.

Other things that made me scratch my head.
- The ROPS is over 8' high.
- With the ROPS that high, the canopy didn't offer as much driver protection and also restricted travel in wooded areas due to total height.
- COG "appeared" too high for that size tractor but I wasn't on any ground that could/would generate a pucker.
- "Seemed" to go through A LOT of fuel for a 25HP. I was normally in the 17-1900 RPM range.

My dad is one of the owners (the one without the hoe). Although this tractor is relatively new to him, he did say that if he was to get another, it would be the C30 and would have to have a lower ROPS.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PS.

I have a little time in my neighbor's DK35 but didn't notice any of the aforementioned issues.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
PS.

I have a little time in my neighbor's DK35 but didn't notice any of the aforementioned issues.

My observation of the DK series tractors is that they are pretty darn good. I've played with the Cub Cadet branded DKs and they impressed me a heck of a lot more than the Montana tractors that I just did a mini-review of.

The CK is a consumer grade machine and is aimed at first time tractor buyers, in my mind its not a bad tractor, but it is certainly aimed at the new buyers and those who are price sensative over other issues. I'd recommend a CK to someone (can't say I'd ever recommend a Montana) but I'd only do it if I trusted the dealership that sold it. I think the DK is designed better and built to a higher standard. JMO

As for the CK25 . . . I've been critical of that tractor since I first heard about it. I remain steadfast in my criticism of that model. :moon:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
From what I've seen of my neighbors DK and his thoughts on it, it does perform well.

My dad had a nasty stroke a couple years ago. Even after building steps and such to get on his big tractors, it was still too much work so he had to sell them and get something lower/smaller.

He got a TZ24 last year but that was too small. He's keeping it for tilling and snow removal only.

He got the CK25 (because the dealer has taken care of him on many other things) but now he's thinking he should have gotten nothing less than a 30hp in the Kioti line.

JayC

Huh?
I would have to agree with Bob. I have never liked the CK25. I think that was a big mistake on Kioti's part. Don't mention that at TBN, though! :pat: What is the point of putting such a small engine in such a heavy machine anyway? Kioti could have had a real winner if they put the 25hp engine in a CK20 size frame.:pat:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
JayC said:
Kioti could have had a real winner if they put the 25hp engine in a CK20 size frame.:pat:

Well it would be close to a real winner. It would still have less horsepower, lower lift capacity, and more weight than the Case Farmall DX26 or the New Holland TC26DA. Of course it would likely cost less, so that would be a plus.