• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anybody have these 'security screens'?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
A company named Tapco makes some replacement screens that come with a big promise; that they are burglar proof. I am curious to know if anyone here has them or knows anyone who does. Our local TV station and their sister station figured they were a scam and went to show the scam. The results surprised them. Here's a link to their story burglar proof screens. Be sure to watch the video.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, but I have dog proof screens on my patio doors! Seriously its a special type of screen that Misha can't puncture or tear. Not sure how that stuff in you link would work on my house. I have "casement" windows that open out to catch the breezes going past my home, those screens would prevent me from opening my windows. My screens have to be on the inside of my window, not the outside. Unless they have other models (I did not look) those screens could only be used with double hung style or side sliding windows, not the more modern, more efficient casement or awning windows.

And on the windows of one my cigar lounges I have some really nifty 3M film that is blast proof. The window can shatter but it remains in place. Smash it with a crow bar, a rock, try and throw a bowling ball through it, the glass shatters but stays in place and prevents the criminals from getting through. Very cool stuff.