• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

"The" project begins next week...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, you got your RTV dirty. :StickOutT

That's quite a load. How did it do at dumping? Is the rear suspension bottomed out (frame down to the rubber stopper)?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PS. How did that concrete come out where it got rained on right after the pouring?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, you got your RTV dirty. :StickOutT

That's quite a load. How did it do at dumping? Is the rear suspension bottomed out (frame down to the rubber stopper)?

It was on the stoppers alright. On that particular load I did have to give it a little help with the grab handle located on the front of the bed. On other, reasonable, loads it dumped great. As I mentioned earlier, my only issue now is being unable to get it in and out of gear quite frequently without having to shut if off. It's my understanding that Kubota has some "new" pressure relief lever now?

We were very fortunate with the concrete coming out okay with all that rain on the last day. The concrete is a lighter color than all the rest, but I'm hoping over time it will all match.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brent,
Projects in the northern part of the state seem to be on hold, due to SNOW.
And the fact that I am still on crutches!

But I woke up this morning to find this view out my windows . . . must be global warming?

It was odd because over the weekend we had temps about 40 and sunny so the ground warmed up, then on Monday at noon we had near "white out" conditions with snow falling so hard the sky was dark. None of it stuck because the ground temps were warm enough to have everything melt but this morning I got a surprise when I looked outside.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 23

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
my only issue now is being unable to get it in and out of gear quite frequently without having to shut if off. It's my understanding that Kubota has some "new" pressure relief lever now?
Are you doing the "emergency brake" trick?

Yep, there is a dump valve on the new ones but if I recall correctly, it's not a retrofit item for our 2004's.

Glad the concrete turned out OK.

Ricochet

Are you doing the "emergency brake" trick?

Yep, there is a dump valve on the new ones but if I recall correctly, it's not a retrofit item for our 2004's.

Glad the concrete turned out OK.

Yep, no retrofit kit for the T/M bypass relief mechanism...I believe it would require internal T/M modifications.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I wore out my emergency brake cable trying that solution, even had to replace the cable, and it never worked. For me, the only thing that works is to shut if off. I mean, there could be worse things, but it is annoying to have to shut off the engine every time I want to change directions or gear ranges when I have a load in the bed. I can't knock the RTV's toughness though. :thumb: