• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

i hear rain is arriving soon~

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm kinda ticked, as that means bye-bye to snow. that rain may be rather beneficial, tho. if my pavement should not get too iced-over. & i figure breathing'll be less of an obstacle, too,. i was supposed to buy an asthma inhaler years ago. i declined once tney gave me a few inpatient breathing treatments. those were not meant fer me~

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You are east of me and we are supposed to get another 6" of snow.

I wonder if it will remain snow when it reaches you?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
image_zps0fde9c7d.jpg

Current conditions here

Leni

It's overcast and cold (for us that is) today. Rain is supposed to be on the way. We need it.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What LUVS will be getting soon, we got 6" of fluffy fresh snow this morning.

image_zps9a2b7ed0.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
12 to 20 inches predicted for Tues in Columbus. I am on the line between the rain and the snow. So it guaranteed to be messy. :yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
12 to 20 inches predicted for Tues in Columbus. I am on the line between the rain and the snow. So it guaranteed to be messy. :yum:

Yup, we are hearing about 16" for Tuesday here too.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Our "rain" is bouncing off the vehicles right now. We actually dropped 2 degrees in the past hour. If that amount of snow makes it this way I will need to chain up and load some wood back on the truck.:hammer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
More from a weather geek.

Where the snow falls next week... 6-12 inches will be possible.

FOR WEATHER GEEKS ONLY: A major storm will form over the Texas and Oklahoma early next week and track up into the Ohio River Valley. These storms are always difficult to predict as Ohio tends to see a variety of precipitation types. That will be the case once again...but areas that do see snow will pick up a bunch.

This is the latest GFS model which is trending closer to the ECMWF. Both show low pressure along the Ohio River by Tuesday. The northwest 1/3rd of Ohio can expect mainly snow. The more you go southeast, the greater the likelihood for mixed precipitation including snow, sleet, freezing rain and just plain rain. Those of you along the Ohio River will get hardly any snow and up to 2 inches of rain!

Even the Columbus area will experience some mixing. I want to caution everyone that this is an early look at the storm and changes to the intensity and track will greatly change the area of heavy snow.

Also... I want to share one concern I have about this model and the projected snowfall. Time after time I've seen these type of storms dump sleet instead of snow. Where that happens... accumulation amounts are always cut in half if not more!

We've been talking about this storm on my "WEATHER GEEK" reports for almost a week. Many of you thought I was crazy as nobody else was talking about this. What are you seeing now???? Even my friends at Weather Channel have named this storm!

As I said last night....I'm a huge snow lover and even I have to remind myself to be patient when I see models this far out. Things can and likely will change!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yawn. I'm near Luvs. 35-40° and no rain yet but it is expected. Not much though.

I am seriously enjoying this warm weather. Even at 35°, that's still 50° warmer than it was last week.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
is either raining, or we have hail. i cannot discern as of yet. i know i hafta get my packages of mail in here soon. they put boxes on my porch again. dammit. getting my medical items into my other living room- that takes a concerted effort. those items weigh as much as me.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
6-9 more inches of snow coming. Starts Tuesday afternoon, ends Wednesday evening.

No need to panic, we have plenty of bacon in the house.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If you would not have sold that snow trac this snow would stay in Canada where it belongs. they say 12" or more along the border and more coming for Sunday.:hammer: